Chapter One

DRUNKEN DECISION

"Are you excited?" my friend Hana says to me and I smile to her thinking about tonight.

We were currently sitting on the bed in my room, discussing the party that was being thrown at a local kid's house. My friend and I were planning on attending it, even though there were only going to be humans there. My friend and I are both wolves, well to be more precise, werewolves.

My birthday was but two days away and I was rather nervous for it. On my birthday they were going to hold a ball inviting all of the pack to come. That way I could meet every male that has yet to be mated, for I was turning twenty, the time that I was finally going to be able to find my soul mate. So Hana and I were planning on going to this party tonight to celebrate early; the last night that we had together as unmated females.

"Yeah, I'm excited." I finally answered her.

We were both ready for the party – the both of us wearing form- fitting dresses that went down to our mid-calves. My dress was a dark purple almost blue and she wore a light green, but not neon. We were waiting on my brother who was going to be our ride to and from the party. 

Soon we heard the roar of the car engine start and, smirking at one another, we made our way down to the garage. My parents were not home yet, they were out on a pack meeting, so we didn't have much trouble getting out of the house.

In the safety of the car, I sighed as I started to think of my possible future Mate. He could be anywhere, and I was fairly certain that he was not part of our pack as my parents want to believe. If so, I would have met him by now, even if I didn't actually know it. There would be something between us, a chemistry maybe, that would help me know it was him.

Ever since I was little I always felt that I would just know when I met him. My brother, a year younger than me, seemed to have a mischievous look about him tonight as he drove. I narrowed my eyes at him, watching his movements.

"What's with you tonight?" I ask, but he just shakes his head and gives me a sheepish smile.

"Sorry, just thinking about how soon your going to be the Luna if your mate is not an Alpha of another pack."

"Scary isn't it? I am going to have total rule over your life.... Mwahahaahaha!" I say with a big grin on my face.

I see him roll his eyes as we arrive at the house of the human college party. It was in the next town over from where we lived, and it was considered neutral territory. But we were only visiting for tonight anyways.

The three of us got out of the car, smiling from ear to ear as we walked through the door, ready for a good time. We dance for a while, my brother avoiding drinks like they're a plague and Hana and I not really caring about it. I sniff the air as I go to get a drink of plain water and notice that there is a fourth Wolf here, but not from our pack. A bit antsy about a confrontation between the other Wolf and my brother, I follow the scent until I find them.

The other Wolf was male; he had light brown hair and green eyes that if I stared in too long, seemed to get lost in. I shook my head as I was hit with a dizzy spell and saw that he was drunk too. A crazy smile coming to my face, I walk over to him and extend a hand to him.

He was currently holding a drink in his hands as he spoke to random drunken human girls, so I had to get his attention somehow. The blonds around him seemed to narrow their eyes at me when they saw me, but I could care less seeing as I am not only a wolf, but one with a strong lineage. One thing was certain, when I found my mate, he would have to be a strong Wolf too because only a strong Wolf would be able to handle me.