Chapter Twelve

FOUND

I ran out of the Alpha house, and quickly made my way to the back of the house, slowing down so that they wouldn't catch my sent on the wind I was making.

If they were trying to hurt my little ones, I didn't want them running away when they smelt me near them. I wanted to make sure that I got every last one of them. As soon as I rounded the corner of the house, I was both angry and grateful at what I saw. Night and Shade were both in their furs, next to Kai, defending my three pups from the pack members that had once housed us. The three of them had blood covering them, making it hard for me to tell if it was theirs or not. Roran and Katrina had made it out too, fighting on the right flank of the crowd and slowly making their way to my pups to help defend, while in their skins. Roran had a reward cuts on him, but looked fine otherwise, while Katrina had not a scratch on her skin.

My guess was that Katrina could not shift into her fur at the moment, but she was fighting bravely. Within a few moments, I was pleased to find that Chase had caught up to me, still shirtless, but not out of breath either. My Wolf and I held pride that he could do so, since only Danny could keep my pace at the moment. The three of my pups were in their furs, clawing at anyone who stuck their noses too close and biting anyone they didn't know. 

One of the pack members spotted me and turned on the spot, instantly weary where he thought he had a chance before. A murmur broke out in the enemy pack, as they all noticed me, turning their attention my way. My pack members were breathing hard, taking this chance to regain their breath, and circle the triplets more closely. I smiled at the enemy pack, making them even more uneasy, as I knew my eyes would look like they were glowing in the morning sunlight just making its way over the trees.

"If you dreaded how I fought in my human form," I growled to them, changing into my Wolf as I spoke, letting her voice merge with mine as our subconscious' merged into one, "Then you sure as hell won't like me as a Wolf!"

My voice was the last to change as I stood tall on all four paws, my brown fur covering my skin. I gave a menacing growl, making most of the crowd draw back, then attacked them. A grey, almost white, Wolf fought by my side, whom I instantly recognized as Chase. We ripped out throats, clawed bellies, and attacked the pack with a ferocity that would shake the goddess herself.

I blacked out during most of the fight, letting my Wolf take over with all of her instincts to kill and protect. I noticed that Danny and Hanna eventually joined in, until there were no more Wolves fighting back against us. By this time, the sun was high in the sky, indicating that this battle had gone on long enough.

Changing back to my skin, I addressed the shaking Wolves at the center of our kill circle, my Wolves snarling menacingly, blood drying to their fur. I noted how my pups had each gone underneath a Wolf that had been closet to them, and copied their stance and growl of warnings.

"Who sent you?" I snarled, "Why did you all attack me and my pack? What is your purpose?"
A dark grey Wolf gulped, but turned back into their skin to answer me. She was rather skinny, and noticeable bruises were appearing on her skin, but not from this night. She was probably an omega. Some packs treated their omega terribly, and it was one thing that would never be allowed in my pack.

"W-we don't actually know his n-name," she said, her eyes darting nervously between the Wolves around her and me. "But w-when Dene died, we were all r-released from the control of the pack. Only he knew what messages we got because he received the orders directly from one who issued them." The girl squeezed her eyes shut and waited, as though expecting to be hit by someone.