Chapter: 32

Twitter: @liahfotcb_dream

Chapter 32: The Surprise

The process of recovering from the traumatic event that had happened to me two and a half weeks ago has been a bit difficult to say the least. Difficult meaning that every time I hear any sharp, loud noises I jump. I haven't picked up a knife since the 'event,' and when I tried, I broke down into full on tears and Colton had to reassure me that everything was ok, just like he's had to do almost every night when I wake up sweating and crying from the same exact nightmare that keeps re-accruing every time I try and sleep, it literally haunts me. I haven't been able to sleep in my room, I'm not too sure why, maybe it's the fact that I know the threat note from Chris is still stuffed underneath the bed, or maybe it's the fact that I can't stand the actual thought of being by myself for a whole entire night. Flashbacks, and scenes from what I did, and what Chris did to me constantly come back randomly to haunt me. I could be reading a book, and l'll come across the word 'chair,' and it'll remind me of the multiple times I had to be tied down to one, the memories just never seem to leave my mind.

It's quite frustrating because I know everyone walks on eggshells around me all the time, nervous that they might accidentally trigger something in my mind and make me have a mental breakdown, and I don't want them to feel like that, I don't want them to have to be cautious around me. A lot of the guys try and cheer me up, or make me smile more often, and I appreciate it, but I don't think they realize how tender I really am right now, but I put up fake smiles every once in a while for them.

Currently, I'm sitting outside on one of the pool chairs writing in a small journal Jacklen had purchased for me. I've taken a lot more to writing, it helps me relieve some thoughts and emotions that I don't want to express out loud. I was halfway down the page when the book was ripped out of my hands and gone from my sight. Slightly surprised, I looked up with raised eyebrows while squinting my eyes up at the bright sun rays of the sun. Colton was standing above me with a small little smirk on his face, I opened my mouth midway to say something and without even giving me a chance to protest and ask for my journal back, he said

"Ah ah ah Cleo, no, you cannot have your journal back, hence the reason why I took it away from you in the first place."

I scrunched my nose up in distaste, then said

"Colton, may I please have my journal back, I was in the middle of writing something."

He immediately shook his head no, then replied with

"No can do Cleo, we have stuff to do today."

Confused, I said

"What do you mean we have stuff to do, we haven't planned anything."

"You haven't planned anything, but I have, now come on babe, get up off your cute little butt and come with me, I have a little...surprise for you shall I say."

Even more confused now then I was before, I decided not to question him and stood up off of the pool bed. Colton entangled our hands together, then led us both to the car. Before he opened the door for me, he said

"Oh, and one more thing, you need to wear this."

He then dug into the pocket of his pants and pulled out a navy blue colored blind fold. Raising an eyebrow, I said

"Why do I need to be blindfolded?"

While multitasking, Colton began tying it around my eyes while saying

"Well, it wouldn't exactly be a surprise if you saw where we were going now would it? And stop asking questions, you're hurting my brain."

I cracked a small smile, then followed Colton's orders to duck my head and step into the car. I heard him slam the door next to me, then a few seconds later, I heard the driver side door open, and Colton stepped in. He turned on the car and began driving, music was playing in the background, Demons by Imagine Dragons. Even though my vision was pitch dark and I could not see a thing, I felt along the door for the window button, and I rolled the window down part way, letting the wind kiss my face.