Chapter: 33

Twitter: @liahfotcb_dream

Chapter 33: Camping Trip *unedited*

Before I know it, those two weeks of fun, free time with Sidney are over, and she is on her way back home to Texas. We tried to do as much stuff as possible when she was here in California, like visit Hollywood, go to amusement parks, Disney Land, and other fun stuff like that. She had the time of her life, and I was really sad when she had to go home, but I'm just glad she came to visit me. She helped me through my slight depression about what happened with Chris, and I feel better now, than I have felt in a very long time.

Sitting at the kitchen table while stuffing a spoonful of cinnamon toast crunch cereal into my mouth, I thought about what I was going to do today. I mean, there really isn't very much to do right now, considering all the things I crammed in two weeks time with Sidney. Sighing out loud, I pushed my chair back and stood up, turning around with my head down in concentration, only to run right into someone's hard, defined chest. I automatically knew it was Colton, not just from the way his arms wrapped securely around me, but from the intoxicating scent of his deliciously smelling cologne. Don't ask me how cologne could smell delicious, it just does. I leaned into his embrace as his arms wrapped around my torso. I looked up at him as he cracked a gorgeous pearly white smile, then he leaned down and kissed the very tip of my nose.

I wiggled out of his arms and walked over to the sink where I placed my dirty cereal bowl into. As I was washing the bowl, Colton began saying

"So, are you ready for the camping trip?"

Turning around to face him, I raised my eyebrows up and crossed my arms over my chest. Camping trip? No ones told me anything about a camping trip.

"Camping? What camping trip?"

He gave me a sort of lopsided grin and took a couple more steps towards me, grabbing onto my hands and entangling them together. There hasn't been one time since Colton and I got together that I don't get the little tingly sensations that prickle my skin when ever our skin touches. I could feel my hands burning under his hold as he leaned forward and brushed his lips against mine.

"Shit, Jack was suppose to come down earlier and tell you about it, but the little shit seemed to of forgotten."

I frowned up at him.

"Hey, watch your mouth mister, he is still your brother."

I watched as he rolled his bright blue eyes and grinned again.

"Sorry babe. Anyways, the whole family goes on this little camping trip for a couple days out in the woods near a lake, like legit camping with the tents and all. Jack was suppose to inform you of this trip because we are leaving in..." He looked at the clock for a second"In about two hours or so, so you might want to start packing."

Oh jeez, thanks Jack, you know, for informing me and everything. Note the sarcasm. Wrapping my arms around him, I nuzzled my head on his chest and said

"Ok, I guess I'll start packing right now."

He made a funny face at me, making me raise my eyebrows in curiosity.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Aren't you going to whine and protest over the fact that you have to go camping? I mean, that's what girls do right? They freak out over having to go camping."

I laughed out loud, then took a slight step away from him. Giving him a small slap on the chest, I sassily replied

"Babe, I'm from Texas, I'm a Texas girl, and us Texas girls don't whine like little babies over the fact that we have to go camping, trust me, we've been through way worse, camping is a breeze."