A Newcomer...?

Morning came back pretty fast, to Ash, at least, considering he was up late texting Serena for so long. He was struggling to stay up, that was until the chimes on his phone began to ring for the first time. Eager and curious to learn who it could be, he answered it.

Ash: Hey there, Ash speaking...

???: Hey Ash! It's me Mallow!

Ash: Mallow?

Ash was confused. How did Mallow find his phone number?! He didn't remember giving it to her.

Ash: Uh, how did you find my phone number?

Mallow: Don't worry about that right now! It's not like me and Sophocles were wondering if you even had a phone and hacked into the cellular tower database to find out if you had a number or anything...!

Ash: *confused* ...Uh huh... So, what's up..?

Mallow: Didn't you hear from Professor Kukui? We're having a new student at the school! Isn't that exciting?

Ash: We are? In this time of the year? Does enrollment eventually close?

Mallow: Not really. After all, it's nice to get new students anytime of the year! Plus, the material we learn at the school are things anyone can jump into and learn! Professor Kukui made sure of that to make his class as inclusive as possible!

Ash: Well, I guess I can't argue with that! That's so thoughtful of the Professor and the school! Man, this is going to be great! I wonder if they have really cool Pokémon to show us!

Mallow: And I hope they're a girl! Lana, Lillie and I would have so much fun going to the shopping mall with her everyday!

Ash: *sweatdropping* So when is the new student arriving?

Mallow: Perhaps in three days or so. Wherever they're coming from, Alola is far away from other regions. They would also need an extra day to rest up.

Ash: That's true. Guess we'll just have to wait.

Mallow: In the meantime, we should have a welcoming party! Just like the one we threw for you, Ash!

Ash: Hey, that's a great idea!

Mallow: Alright then, come to the school and we can discuss it with everyone there.

Ash: You got it, Mallow, I'll be there soon!

Mallow: 'Kay then, bye!

Ash: See ya! *hangs up*

After he hung up, he sat where he was standing and found it rather strange that they were getting a new student again rather quickly. For now, he thought of the school being quite popular around all of Alola and disregarded the pacing of their income with students.
Pikachu excitedly jumped into Ash's arm as a 'good morning' to Ash. He stoked his head in reply.

Ash: Hear that buddy, we're having a new student!

Pikachu: Pika!

Ash: I'm sure they will adjust nicely with everyone! Everyone at the school is nice after all! Anyways, we got planning to do at the school! Let's head on out, buddy!

Pikachu: Pika pika!

Suddenly a loud roar was in the room. And that roar was coming from their stomachs.

Ash: *sweatdropping* We can head on out after we finish eating...

Pikachu: *scratching behind his head* Pika Pi...