Hidden Emotions

Serena was looking the other way and Ash had to process, what she had just asked of him. Before he could even question her, she had explained that because she came to Alola with the intent of seeing him again as soon as she could and to go to the trainer school, she was rash with her decision and didn't think thoroughly about where she would be able to live. She said she could always just book into a hotel, however, it was late at the time and she also wasn't sure if her money would last her long enough if she ended up staying there for a long period of time.

With that being said, Ash couldn't find a way to shoot her down and said he can convince his mom to let her stay with them -- or at least try to... However, he wasn't sure how his mom was going to take the news.... How was she going to react knowing that he brought home a girl?

Ash went inside his house and motioned Serena to come inside. He was hoping that his mom wouldn't greet him right away. If she didn't, this would give him time to think of something that could convince his mom to allow Serena stay, but to his dismay, Mr. Mime beamed of the sight of Ash returning home and starting chanting, "Mime Mr. Mime!" Which made Ash's mom come out of the kitchen.

Delia: Hey Ash! You were out pretty late. Where have you been?

Ash: M-Mom! I was... just exploring around Hau'li City...

Delia: Oh okay then...? Let me know your whereabouts next ti-

Delia stopped and took notice to who was beside Ash and beamed almost immediately as soon as she saw her.

Delia: Serena! It's really you!

Serena: *Sweatdropping* Y-yeah! I haven't officially met you in person before, so nice to meet you!

Delia: Same here! Nice to meet you too! So what brings such a famous person here today?

Serena: Uh...

Serena started getting flustered and started looking around for an answer and began staring at Ash to ask the question for her. With great hesitation, Ash told his mom the situation Serena was in and asked if she could stay over temporarily.

Delia: *without hesitation* Of course you can!

Ash: Wow, that was was easier than expected.

Delia: Anything for Serena! After all, you were the one looking after my son here in your Kalos journey. This is the least I can do to pay you back for everything you've done and for looking out after Ash. You can take the guest room for the time being. Wouldn't want you and Ash sharing a room doing pretty suggestive things, now would we? *winking at Ash*

Almost immediately, the two blushed, and Ash fired back exclaiming he had no intention for such lewd things, leaving Delia laughing. She walked away and told Serena to make herself at home, and asked if Serena wanted to be served dinner, which Serena happily accepted.

Ash: *embarrassed* I'm so sorry you had to be in that position... My mom can be a bit.... strange at times...

Serena: *chuckling* No, it's okay. She seems really nice, especially allowing me to stay here and all....

Ash: Well, make yourself at home. Remember we have to be up early so we won't be late to the Trainer School.

Serena: Gotcha.

For the remainder of the day, the two spent the majority of their evening in their own separate rooms. Serena was exhausted with the amount of blushing she did today and went to sleep as soon as her head hit her pillow.

Ash on the other hand couldn't even think about sleeping. Not with different thoughts and emotions flowing through his head. He couldn't even turn to his buddy Pikachu for comfort, since he was asleep himself.