Suspicions

Before Ash knew it, the bell had rung, signaling lunchtime. As he was stretching, he saw Lillie in the corner of his eye, alone, looking troubled. He couldn't tell what she was saying, but when approached by Mallow and Sophocles, she forced out a fake smile and laugh while Mallow and Sophocles shrugged it off and walked away from her. Lillie was sitting alone, looking defeated. Now having learned about Lillie's loneliness, Ash thought that maybe they should have more meetings like that night. That way, it'd take her mind off of her absent family, and that he'd get to know his classmate a little better than before. With respect of Lillie's wish of not wanting anyone to know in mind, he decided he'd approach her himself and ask while no one was looking for either of them.

Serena was extremely suspicious as to what was going on with Ash. First, the ladder that was leaned against his window, then his very sloppy attire, and now his sleepiness? Something was definitely off. And what a coincidence it was that Lillie seemed pretty exhausted herself too, the same time Ash was. Serena tried brushing off these suspicions for now, as she didn't want to go out of her way to interrogate Ash and potentially cause a scene. However, it bothered her that something was going on between them that she had no idea about. When she got up to go with Ash to lunch, he was already leaving with Lillie to the cafeteria! Annoyed, she tried to approach them, only for Mallow and Sophocles to ask her if she'd like to join them, to which Serena couldn't refuse.

After lunch had ended, the rest of the day went by like a breeze. Class was moments from being over and the class had a few minutes to kill before dismissal. Before she could approach Ash to start a conversation about what they want to do after the trainer school ends for the day, he was already getting up and going over to Lillie's desk. And oddly enough, the two of them were speaking so soft that they were practically whispering. It was almost as if they were dealing with Pokémon Drugs or something very criminal like. Now Serena had to know what was going on for herself. She had risen from her seat slowly, but loudly as her chair slid against the floor, and went over to Lillie's desk, to see what this little secret meeting they were having was about.

Serena: Hey guys! What's going on?

Ash and Lillie both jumped, startled by Serena's random appearance.

Lillie: Oh, nothing, really... We were just discussing about... um...

Lillie was getting uncomfortable. She wasn't fond of the idea of her family business being out there, especially to someone whom she had only just met.

Ash: Battling!

Ash covered up.

Ash: We were just discussing about a new battling technique that I was trying to come up with! I needed Lillie to help me perfect it! Lillie just hatched Snowy, after all, so I thought it would be nice to have a battle with her, that way, she and Snowy could strengthen their bond together.

Serena: Oh, I see... I was hoping that we could go around the city and look at more restaurants and things to do... I really enjoyed your company..

Ash: I'm sorry, Serena. Maybe tomorrow?

Mallow butted in.

Mallow: Sorry for eavesdropping, but you don't have to wait for tomorrow to look around the city! You can come with us! *showing off Kiawe, Sophocles and Lana*

Sophocles: We'll be walking together, but most likely going into different shops. I needed to go to the city to pick up a microchip for my computer.

Kiawe: I'm going to be helping the Marowak in the city coordinate their baton dances for a bit.

Lana: Mallow and I were gonna get desserts again, and I was hoping you could come along with us, since we didn't get the chance the other day.

Serena: Right! I'm so sorry! I promised to come, but I got sidetracked with *blushing* ...other things...