NC

I stayed in the Crevice for another hour or so. By the time I had got out it was 12:24. I walked home, in the looming dark of the sidewalk. I opened the door, gently as possible. Walking in, closing the door behind me, I flipped the light switch illuminating the kitchen. As single plate sat on the counter. I placed it in the microwave, down the hall the light to my parents room was off and they were silent. I heard the beep as I took the plate from the microwave, heading to my room. I took off my clothes, sliding in some sweatpants. I ate my food, macaroni and cheese. I placed it on my nightstand. Turning off the light, exhausted and tired, falling asleep.

******

I awoke around 9, getting up from my bed walking to the bathroom. Turning on the water as I took off my clothes, stepping into the shower. After several minutes I stepped out heading back to my room. The paper, allowing me to undergo the procedure was on my nightstand, I read over it quickly. The blood and compatibility tests were to begin at 10:45, I had an hour and change. There were no lessons today at the institute, so I was free.

I slid on black jeans with a white and black shirt with the NC symbol plastered on it, and finally black hightops. My parents had already left for work. I headed through the house opening the door, to see May standing there, shocked. "Iam sor-" was the only thing she could say before I kissed her, pulling her close to me. I pulled away slowly looking her in her eyes "Its ok" I said nodding "I understand now". She blushed as I smirked, looking her over. She wore denim jeans with a light blue blouse top, with light blue and white hightops.

Her light brown hair rested on her shoulder. I walked through the door, closing it behind. I took her hand and we began walking. She punched my shoulder gently, "dumbass" she said laughing. I laughed at this "Hey, I always sucked at getting signals". We continued to walk, as stayed by my side "Where are we going?" She asked as we reached the center of town. "I'am going for blood and compatibility testing at the NC"

We arrived at the front of the NC, the Nova Caeli, which meant fresh air. I let go May's hand, as I turned to face her. "Iam sorry if you don't want me to do this, but this is what I-" May cut me off with a smile "This is your aspiration, go for it" she said. I smiled hugging her "Thanks" I said. "I looked to the time, the testing started in 10 mins." May, I'll meet you after this, we can go out, do whatever you want ok? " she smiled warmly, she kisses my cheek" Sure " she turned heading back into town, as I turned entering the facility.

******

The facility, which had an almost blinding white interior, was spacey. There were cushioned seats along the walls. In the main atriun hung a huge sign "Our goal is to one day allow all people to reach the surface, to reach fresh air" I looked around, until I say a sign that headed down a hall way marked "A.D.I.P testing this way."

I followed the sign, which headed down a deep corridor until I reached a room, which had been labeled the name of my institute. I entered finding a seat next to some other students from my institute. There were twelve of us in total, most of the people here I had seen before. "Nick Wells" I heard a voice call from the next room, I got up and head to the other room.

I walked into the room, which was surprisingly big, it had a elevated seat, which I was prompted to sit on by the doctor. He was a middle aged man, mid thirtes, with greying sides. When I sat, he got up and pulled out a syringe, ready to take my blood for testing. He wrapped a pad around my arm, which made my arm numb, he looked me in the eye before speaking "You the son of James and Britney Wells?" He asked as he injected the syringe into my arm, which caused me to flinch slightly "Yes" he laughs "I can't believe they allowed you to do this, they always talking of you following in their footsteps. Especially with the history of this procedure" he says as he finished taking the blood.

"The history? What about the procedure's history?" He stopped getting up "O nothing" he said rushing out of the room. I didn't know what he meant, but I would probably figure out soon enough. He came back several minutes later. "That was all, Nick, you will get the results tommorow before the procedure." He said leading me out of the room as some one else entered.

I left the institute, looking for May at the center of town, I eventually saw her in a cafe, as I walked towards the entrance.

Hey people, here's another chapter for your viewing pleasures, it was so far my longest I hope you enjoy and peace