Day 1 Phase 1

I went to May, she was sitting alone drinking tea. I sat at the table, which surprised her, as her eyes lit up. "Hey" she said almost whispering, I noticed she was blushing. This must have been weird for her. "Whats up May?"  I asked nonchalantly "Nothing much" she said getting up placing money on the table as I got up and followed her out of the door.

When we were out the door, I wrapped my arms around her waist, she blushed harder, which was what I wanted. "Is this like a date? " she said to me as we walked. "Yeah" I said grinning wildly. "Where you wanna go?" I asked as we reached the center of town. She looked to me, her eyes lit up "Anywhere with you"

*******

After several hours of wandering the town then hanging out at the Crevice, I walked May home. We arrived at her front door, she pulled me close, hugging me tightly, "Be careful" were her only words be she kissed me and entered her house. I turned rushing home thinking.

*****

The morning went by in a blur as I rushed to the NC, ready for the procedure and its opportunity for freedom. I quickly navigated the atrium, going the same path I took for testing leading me to the same room, which was full of all the other volunteers. After finding a seat and several minutes of waiting, a scientist and two of the town's guardman, from the Feldspar regiment, accompanied him. "Follow me, single file"  the doctor said as he gestured for us to stand up and follow. We all did, following him down the long corridor. We eventually reached another large atruim, the same size of the one at the entrance but empty. The guards ordered us to stand against the wall as the scientist walking in front of us, examing us.

"Hmm" he grumbled when he was done looking is over. From the entrance of the atrium came another doctor, this on wore a somber, serious look on his face. He wore a black lab coat instead of the traditional white. He also had a distinct scratch across his right eye, it was covered by a medical patch. He stood in front, looking is over like the previous scientist, except his eye was almost eager looking, like he had found a new toy to dismantle.

"This is the final chance for those of you who don't want to take part in this mission, to leave." The doctor said
mumbles came from some, a voice to my right said something to me "This is your chance pretty boy, your not cut out for this" I look to the direction of the voice. He was a tall, pale skinned teenager, he looked maybe 18-19, older then me. "Not a chance" I said back, before looking forward again.

By the end of the mumbling, no one had left. "OK then, we will divide you amongst the doctors, they will tell you the results of the tests from yesterday and perform the first part of the procedure ."  The doctor in black said. "What do we call you?" The kid to my right asked. "Doctor Keller" he responded. Then several doctors came in, there were six in total. "The doctors will call you by name, two to each doctor" the first doctor, a woman in her kid thirtes called off two names "Nick Wells and Terrence Pot"  I walked forward, lining up behind the doctor. The teenager behind me, which I would assume was Terrence Pot, was sweating profusely. He had dark brown hair and light brown eyes, he looked a year or two younger than me.

The rest of the doctors followed suit, calling their subjects. I heard and recorded the names and faces of the rest. When it was over the doctors lead their respective pairs to seperate rooms. My doctor lead me to a large room with a bench along the wall and tools in a table next to a large sideways tube. "I am Dr. Spencer, I will be your doctor for the remainder of this process" I looked to her listening. She gestured towards the tube, "Who first?"  I stood up "Go and change in to this" Dr. Spencer said handing me a hospital gown. I went to the bathroom in the room and quickly changed coming out again.

I walked over to the tube, as its top lifted off and open, I put my legs in first before laying down. It closed when I was fully in. It was pretty claustrophobia inducing, but I stayed calm. A small voice came in through the speakers in the tube. "Subject #9, James Wells, 17 years old. O-blood type confirmed, creature designation gulo gulo"  the calm female voice said through the speakers. "What the hell is a gulo gulo?" I asked to no one in particular. "A Wolverine" a voice called from out of the tube, I looked and saw Terrence standing there, a few feet from the glass of the tube. Needles began to sprout from the sides of the inside of the tube postioning them selves over my entire body. Cuffs sprung out as well tying me down. "Phase 1.... starts now" said the voice before I could yell, the needles penetrated my body and it all fell black.