Terrence

He had watched the fight. He had watches his friend get beaten brutally, slammed, punched, thrown. And he had done nothing, his fear had gotten the best of him, and he felt he didn't deserve a friend like Nick, who was willing to defend him against someone who seemed much stronger than him. Nick would probably hate him after this. He didn't know what happened to Nick, but at some point he snapped, and started acting like a true animal. He growled and ran on all fours. His claws looked devastating, as he pretty much tore the bear apart.

But then the guards came, they surrounded Nick, but he didn't seem to care as he growled defiantly at them. Keller came shortly after, Nick tried to fight him as well, but was taken out after a short struggle. They now carried Nick and the other kid on medical gurneys, leading the the crowds of spectators. Kuro stood to my side, watching intently, her face was hard to read. He wondered how she felt, did she think of him badly now since he didn't help? I'd probably figure that out soon enough.

The volunteers filed out of the gym, it was quiet, no one spoke about the event that had just unfolded. Kuro walked to his side, but she didn't speak. As the volunteers started divulging to their separate halls, it left him and Kuro at the center. "Sorry" he choked out, looking to down.

She looked back at him, her expression was one of confusion "For what?"she said."I felt like since I didn't help Nick in the fight it would make you hate" he said his voice somber. "Why would I hate you for something like that?" She says looking to him. "Because he was my friend and that whole fight started because of me and what happened to Nick happened to him because of me I was to scared to actually help him" he almost shouted.

My whole life, everyone did things for me because I was to scared to to fuol of doubt to do things for my self, and I hated it feeling weak.

She gently lifted his chin "I may not know Nick Well as much as you do, but even after that previous incident, he had no ill will against you and I would expect the same results with this. I know he wouldn't like if you beat yourself up over something like this, and he doesn't seem like someone to let his friends get messed with." She said continuing "So don't blame yourself for this cause I doubt we could have stopped him." She added.

She hugs me, wrapping her arms around me, as he hugs her back. "And I don't hate you not for this or anything else" she says, her voice soft almost angelic. She slowly pulls away heading down the opposite hall. "See you later Mister Pot" she calls as she continues walking.

As he turned , walking in his separate direction, he feel like Ive had a monumental weight magically lifted from my shoulders. When she hugged me, he felt something he hadn't felt with anyone else, her kind and sincere responses had made me feel alot better. He was going to take a quick nap, then get to the task of figuring out what was going to happen to Nick.

***

He arrived at my room, entering he closed the door behind him. He felt strange, the room was empty, and it felt weird being in the confines of the room without Nick's presence. He walked to his bed, falling. Drained, he fell into slumber.

******

He awoke to a knock on his door. Pulling himself up he went over opening it. He was surprised to see Kuro standing there. She changed, wearing her jetblack hair in a pony tail, with a grey button up blouse and shorts. "Can I come in?" She said. Terrence looked her over, her fair skin was without imperfections, and her body was one he assumed most girls desired. "Sure" he said stepping out of the door way, letting her in.

"Ill be back, Iam gonna go get a change of clothes, ok?" He said going out of the doorway. "Ok" she called back as he closed the door and headed down the hallway. He heard chattering in several rooms he passed, he stopped in front of the door labeled "Meeting Room". Crouching he listened closely.

"That Nick Wells is a extraordinary specimen, able to combat and take on a fully changed individual while only partially changed, most impressive, maybe he's the one we've been looking for" a gruff voice said that he couldn't identify. "Yes and his mutation is a unique one, he is able to control his bone growth" another voice added, feminine which he recognized as Dr. Spencer. "But he seems capable of taking on Zero, but he can't change which would helo his odds and wven worse he isn't in our control." The gruff voice added again.

They must have been referring to when all the spikes appeared over Nick. Zero? He had never heard of them. Who was Zero and why did they need Nick to combat him? He needed to figure this out so he could inform Nick.

"He also seems to possess and incredibly high pain threshold, which is very useful. In that recent altercation, he broke almost all of his bones, but that were mending by the time he got to the med bay" Dr. Spencer added. "We need to break him, se need him in control so we can use him against Zero and in turn control him." "I believe I know how, we can bend him to our will" the gruff voice said " No, if the Wells knew we put him there they would withdraw him immediately, its still untested so we don't know what results it could yield" she added her tone serious.

"What area? " A new voice chimed in. "The Tolerance chamber."

Boommmmmm new devolpments we see the Nova Caeli have ulterior motives for Nick, who is Zero? Remember to comment with any feed back and favorite if you enjoyed. I had to rewrite this chapter after it deleted itself which took me a bit peace