Day 5 Phase 6

I stood stunned, as Dr. Spencer turned and left the room promptly. I couldn't believe they were willing to kill because of a imperfection. "Wow" I heard a voice say, I turned. Terrence lay in his bed, but his eyes were open and looking around. "Nice to know I would be thrown away so quickly" he said. I walked over to him, extending my hand, he reluctantly took it and shook, while maintaining a stare down.

"How do you feel?" Kuro said to the side of me to Terrence, he still looked down, but responded "I'am fine now, thanks for stopping me before I did anything I would regret" he said. "Your welcome" she says nodding.' "Sooo" I said coughing, "how are we gonna deal with Terrence's other side?" I asked to them both, Terrence steered forward deep in thought, while Kuro closed her eyes. After a few moments of silence I suggested we train in our changed form, so we can learn what we were capable of.

They both agreed. "The assembly starts in thirty minutes" Kuro said "Here" she says passing Terrence a body suit like ours. I leave the room, as she followed allowing him to change. After a few moments he emerges from the room. "Alright lets go" I say as I begin to walk. I stop "Do you even know how to get to the Atrium from here?" Kuro says from behind me. "Nope" is all I say as I turn back to her. She points to a hallway to the left. She takes the lead as me and Terrence follow.

*****

We arrive in the atruim, all of the other volunteers are present except for the few who didn't make it. I head to the open seats in the back, when I hear "Kuro over here!" I look to see a small girl surrounded by a few others signal to her. Kuro turns to us "Sorry" she says as heads from me and Terrence to her friends. "See ya later" Terrence calls as she turns around and give a smile. I sit as Terrence takes the seat to my left. "Smooth" I say to him as he takes his seat. He looks at me seriously before laughing I join in. "I haven't even taught you the ways of smooth talking but you did well" I say in a wise master tone. We laugh again as the lights begin to dim.

All the proctors including Dr. Spencer walk up on stage. The turn facing the volunteers arm to arn in line. Doctor Keller came in from the first day, still wearing his black labcoat. He takes center stage, taking them mic from its podium. "From what the doctors have relayed to me, The tests were an overall success, so I congratulate you on that note" he says as the volunteers begin cheering, I clap. "But now, we require a moment of silence for those who couldn't make it." Doctor Keller says as he puts the mic down, closing his eye. A silence falls over as the cheers stop, people closing their eyes in rememberance.

After several minute, Doctor Keller takes up the mic again, ending our period of silence. "Don't fret, those who passed will give us knew insight into those who will not be able to undergo the process." I felt lucky,I could have been the fourth victim, not waking up from my coma state. I send a silent thanks to the Unknown. "Today we start training, you all will be using the extended gymnasium." Says Keller. We all begin to rise a file out of the atrium. Me and Terrence are the first out. The proctors lead us down the hall, into the gym. From the outside, I never would have imagined there being a gym this big. We all fill in. "Enjoy" the proctors say as they close the doors, leaving us to our machinations.

****

Everyone wonders for a while talking to friends. Me and Terrence head to the otherside of the gym. "Well look who it is, the one who can't control himself and the one who can barely change at all." I hear a voice mockingly and full of bravado, say as we walk. I stop turning, it was the kid from the first day tall, skinny and pale. "Well if it isn't the pale anorexic" I call back in a similar tone "when was the last time you ate? ." I continue as I walk to him, Terrence close behind. He steps up to me about a foot away. He beats me in height by 2-3 inches and I stand a barely six foot.

"How goes your friend, hear he can't control himself when changed and that he nearly killed you." He says pointing at Terrence his eyes go down in embarassment as all of the other volunteers fall silent, apparently not knowing of the event. "Back off, he's still not used to it" I say defensively, getting in his face closing the distance between us. He pushes me, as I fall some feet back. I get up looking to him as I rise. His eyes are a dark hue of grey almost black. He smirks, as his teeth sharpen. "I like this, I was strong before but now I feel like Iam jacked!" he says, his figure belying his strength. He charges, as I sidestep kicking him in the side, he falls to a knee as I hit him in the back of the head with a left hook.

He slams flat on his face nearly denting the floor. My new physiology must give me strength even when not changed. I feel my teeth grow in my jaw as a brown haze begins to cover my view. He slowly begins to pick himself up, he spits out a tooth. "That hurt you bitch" he says smirking wildly. "Now Iam gonna hurt you" he growls as his body begins to grow, tearing threw his clothes. I hear bones crack as his legs become stocky and his skin turns black, his face warps into a muzzle. His hands and feet grow and turn into huge paws his body grows a thick layer of white fur. He grows a short stub of a tail, as he stands tall. He lets out a growl that echos through the gym.

I stand watching, all the volunteers have backed up, Terrence joining them. A guttural sound comes from the creature, which I assume is a laugh. "What you gonna do know? " it growls deep and almost incoherent.
Thoughts race through my head but only one holds presence. "FUCK"

THIS CHAPTER IS DEDICATED TO EVERYONE WHOSE BEEN WAITING AND I THANK YOU PLEASE ENJOY THIS CUZ ITS ABOUT TO GET GOOD