Chapter 10 // The Enchanted Mirror

The Prince led the way back to his room. Beaumont walked quickly behind him, trying his best to keep up with his wide stride. He shook his head, perplexed by The Prince's tail swishing back and forth.

This has to be the strangest day ever...

The ascent back to the room held a different feeling for Beaumont than before. He wasn't afraid of what was to come because he finally had the answers he was looking for. He definitely didn't expect an eight foot tall man-beast or to find out the servants were immortal under some curse set upon by an Enchantress.

Yeah... still getting used to that, Beaumont thought constantly.

But over everything, he was very exhausted from the long, exciting day. It probably helped him in coping with all of this.

After many stretches of corridors and tall, winding staircases, the duo finally made it to The Master's barn-like and tattered room. The Prince pulled his hand back quickly from the door handle, finally realizing just how dirty and unsanitary his lifestyle has become over the years. He scratched the back of his neck as they stood in the doorway. He turned to Beaumont with his ears folded back, saying, "Sorry about the room...I didn't allow anyone other than Cogsworth inside."

Beaumont chuckled and shook his head, "Your dirty room is the last thing on my mind right now."

The Prince snorted at the comment and felt better about the state of his living spaces. Before entering, he smiled down at Beaumont, finally feeling like he made a friend. Beaumont was different, he was able to look past The Prince's looks and habits and accept him as he was.

Beaumont noticed him staring and blushed. He turned away and met with the torn portrait of the young prince again. He frowned and turned back to The Prince who was now staring down at his paws in anguish. Beaumont thought better than to talk about it.

As they approached the table with the enchanted rose, The Prince let out a deep sigh, a huge cloud of hot breath emitting from his muzzle. They both circled the table, and stood opposite of each other in silence. Beaumont looked up at him and gave him a reassuring smile.

The Prince became flustered and diverted his gaze to the table. This attention was very unusual to him. He cleared his throat and retrieved a small mirror, holding it in his massive paws delicately. Beaumont was surprised by how gently he held it.

"What is it?" Beaumont asked curiously.

"A gift from the enchantress." He scoffed, "It was her cruelest trick."

"What does it do?" Beaumont maneuvered himself next to The Prince.

"Well, you ask it what you want to see, and it shows you." The Prince held the mirror in front of Beaumont and announced, "I wish to see Paris." The mirror fogged up and in an instant, a bird's eye view of Paris could be seen within the mirror. Beaumont was completely entranced, leaning in closer with his mouth open in awe. It was as if he was right there in the busy cobblestone streets.

Beaumont smiled, his hand over his mouth to hide his wide grin. He looked up at The Prince joyously, a glimmer within his bright blue eyes. Beaumont turned back to the mirror and sighed dreamily, "So this is Paris..."

The Prince chuckled, amused by how giddy Beaumont was.

"Here." He handed the mirror to Beaumont, "Now ask it what you want to see."