Chapter 13 // Moving Out

Marie finally woke up from her unconscious state. She looked around realizing she was now in her room.

Beaumont leaned in close to her and sighed with relief, "Finally, you're awake."

"Oh Beaumont! I just had the strangest dream of my... life—" Marie saw Adam sitting in the corner of the room, "Oh my word."

Marie started to fade again, but Beaumont shook her desperately, "Mother! Mother, it's alright!" She came to and looked over at Adam in fear. Beaumont bit his lip nervously and explained, "This is Adam." He half-smiled at the massive beast in the bedroom, the sight took Beaumont by surprise for a moment, "He is the... boy"

Adam gave her a big smile, baring his teeth too wide. He tried his best to look friendly, but it ended up being truly terrifying. Beaumont covered his mouth trying his best not to laugh hysterically.

Marie noticed Beaumont's calm composure and settled down, the fear slowly subsiding. She glanced at Adam, then back to Beaumont whispering, "Why did you bring him here, Beaumont?"

"Mother, he can speak." He chuckled looking over at Adam.

Marie turned back to Adam, completely entranced by his appearance, "Oh... sorry, love." Her confused state subsided, she wanted answers. Marie whipped her head back to Beaumont and glared at him, "Explain."

Beaumont sighed and Adam shrank further into the corner with his ears tucked back. Beaumont asked, "How much, mother?"

"All. Of. It." Marie looked at Adam with the same stern glare, "You're not out of the woods either!"

Adam whimpered softly. No one stood up to him like that before.

Marie had tamed the beast with no effort at all.

Beaumont laughed and smiled at her, saying lovingly, "Oh how I've missed you, mother."

🌹      🌹      🌹      🌹      🌹

After a long and very detailed explanation of the last few days, Marie began pacing the room, soaking in what she heard. Adam was still cowered in the corner, shocked by her immense attitude.

"I know it seems insane, but it could solve everything, mother." Beaumont added desperately.

Adam gained some confidence and chimed in shyly, "I-it would be my honor, Madame."

"Your honor?" Marie scoffed and glared at him, "What are you? A prince?"

"Was..." Adam looked away.

Marie turned back to him, her heart felt heavy as she noticed the deep pain in that response.

Adam continued, "I've made many mistakes in my life, but I know doing this for you two isn't one of them. " He stood up proudly and bowed, oddly very gentlemanly for being a beast, and said, "It would truly be my honor, Madame."

Marie sighed and gave him a half-smile. She turned to Beaumont and finally agreed, "Alright, I trust this decision."

She grabbed an old, dusty suitcase from under her mattress and heaved it onto the bed. Beaumont and Adam looked at each other, both holding a confused, almost worried complexion. She turned to them and shook her head, placing her hands on her hips. Marie scolded, "Don't just stand there! Get packing!" Marie went to exit, but before leaving, she turned and glared at Adam, holding up an accusing finger, "I better not find one tear in my dresses."