Chpt: 9

*Tahlias POV*

Axl leaves the room, into the kitchen, I break away from the tight group hug, and follow into the kitchen.

"Hey, thanks for driving me to my old home," I begin, "I'm sorry for the trauma we ran into..." 

"It's okay, really. It was kinda fun, some of the time anyway." He reassures. 

I walk up to him and awkwardly hug him, and he returns with a awkward back pat. I release him and smile at him, he smiles back, I feel an magnetic pull, I feel like I want to kiss him.

Then Naomi walks into the room. 

"Can I get a glass of juice please?" She asks with large puppy- dog eyes, eyes the size of dinner plates. 

"I'm guessing that Sera told you we have to ration things?" I ask, she nods sadly in response, 

"Well I don't see why not. But don't make a habit of it. As we want to conserve as much food as possible, but we also want to use all of the stuff that is closest to its use by date." 

"Okay." She says and goes into the fridge and gets juice.

"Whatever that was going to be, we're going to have to finish this later." I smile flirtatiously, and bat my eyelashes at him.

****************************************************************************

We are all sitting in the lounge-room eating defrosted lasagne, and watching the Road Runner Coyote cartoons. I scoffed the last of my food, as i was really hungry, and I haven't eaten for a day. I take my plate into the kitchen, and rinse it, I head up to my room and start getting settled for bed. I then hear a knock on my door.

"Come in." I call.

"Hey," Axl, says awkwardly, rubbing his arm.

"Whats wrong?" I say, concerned, 

"Nothing," Axl says unconvicingly,

"What is wrong? I know something is wrong, tell me." 

"Well I don't actually know."

"Come. Come sit down," I say, patting my bed next to me. He comes and sits next to me awkwardly.

"What's wrong?" I ask again.

"Well during our trip, you sent me strange messages. Not verbally, physically. I'm confused, I really am. I, I think I might like you. Only a little. I think." He admits,

"Oh, wow. Well I have no idea either. Like I just walked into my parents bedroom, to see my former boyfriend and two of my friends, hanging in the wardrobe, upside down. Dead." I say, with watering eyes.

"Oh my god." Axl says with shock written on his face. He gently embraces me, I cry into his shoulder. 

"Who ever did that, is out to get me. I don't know who, I do know that they want me and will do anything to get me." I say as a shiver runs down my spine. 

"It's okay. I will look after you, you'll be safe with me and Sera.'

I smile in responce, and I hug him for support. He hugs me tight. 

"Don't let me go, please." I tell him.

We sit on my new bed for ages, talking about our past. Talking about our family, favourite movies and foods. About what comforted us, we ended up falling asleep next to one another.

*************************************************************************

I wake up sometime during the night cuddled up next to Axl, I feel safe especialy after the horrors of the last few days. I smile and try to wiggle out of Axl's comfy bear hug. I succed and tiptoe to my suitcase and get pajama shorts and a t-shirt, then I walk into the ensuite to have a shower.

I walk out of the ensuite feeling refreshed. I throw my clothes into a pile in the corner of the room and climb back into the bed, Axls back is facing me, and curl up to try to fall back to sleep. I suddenly feel the weight in the bed re-arrange, and then feel Axl's face nuzzle into the crook of my neck and his arms rest along my hip. Again I feel safe and warm, and in no time I fall asleep with the one thought going through my mind. I could get used to this...

*************************************************************************

I wake up to running water in the ensuite and a slice of sunlight cutting through the blinds, hitting my face. I roll over so that way I'm facing the ensuite door, the light no longer blinding me. I strat to doze off to hear Sera crash her way into my bedroom.

"AXL HAS LEFT! HE WASN'T ON THE COUCH WHEN I GOT UP!" She screams. I sit myself up with a groan, then I point to the ensuite. She looks at the ensuite door, and catches my drift. She then looks back at me with a look that makes me think that she is assuming the worse. 

I don't even get a chance to speak when Axl exits the ensuite with only a fluffy towel draped around his waist. Sera's mouth just drops to the floor. Then looks at me with a envious look.

"We are going to have to finish this talk later." She says before looking at Axl at flirtatously and leaves the room. I immediately face- palm I then look at Axl, who has a smug but confused look. I just groan and slam my head back into my pillow.

"There goes my comforting sleep." I say grudgingly. 

"Care to explain what just happened?" Axl asks.

"Please don't ask." I respond.

"Ok." Axl says, and walks to the chest of draws and pulls out clothes. He then lets the towel fall to the ground. I let out a small squeak, and whip my head away, diverting my eyes away from the now define, naked body who hasn't a care in the world that he is naked in my bedroom. He hears my squeal and giggles at my reaction.

He finally gets clothes on and I finally get up to change out of my pajamas. But Axl just lies on the bed arms behind his head, his eyes closed. I cough to get his attention, he just looks at me and closes his eyes. I pick a shoe out of my bag and throw it at his stomach. He just looks at me and says with a smug grin "What? I'm not looking."

I roll my eyes and face my back to the bed and peel my t-shirt off, then cover my breasts to look behind me, to see Axl's eyes quickly flick away.