• Kill or be Killed •

Chapter Five

"I can't believe Tyler Lockwood is a werewolf," Jeremy said from behind me. I sighed and turned around pointing my toothbrush at him.

"No Jeremy," I said. I put on a mean face, but he didn't fall for it.

"Aw is my twin sis trying to be scary" Jeremy laughed.

"I'm not trying; I am scary!" I said, he just shook his head. "Jeremy I don't want you in any of this"

"Yeah sure," he said as he scoffed "I'm already in this," he said pointing to his ring.

"Mhm whatever" I walked out the bathroom letting him get ready. As I made my way into my room I see Stefan sitting on my bed.

"Oh god, why are you here?" I asked going over to my dresser fixing my messy bed head.

"Well hello to you too," he said smirking looking at me from the mirror.

"What is it with you Salvatore men and your smirking?" I said. Stefan laughed shaking his head.

"I just came to check up on you," he said getting up from the bed and walking towards me.

"Didn't you and Elena break up?" He nodded, but I didn't miss the slight hesitation there.

"So why are you here in my room?" I turned around to him standing just a few feet away from me.

"Because I was worried about you," He said that without hesitation.

"Stefan, what happened with you and Elena?" I asked. "I thought you loved each other"

"We do. We care about each other, that's why it's better if we stay apart for a while" he said looking down at me.

"Caroline told me you guys had a big fight," I said and he nodded confirming it. "Are we gonna talk about how Katherine compelled me" I shivered because it still freaks me out.

"I'm sure that she was just messing with me and you. She likes playing games" He cringed at his own words, hating just the thought of Katherine touching Nina. "She wants us freaked out" I wrapped my arms around Stefan's shoulders which causes him to immediately tense.

"Sorry I just needed a hug," I say and he relaxes at my words.

He pulls me closer hugging me tightly. "Don't be sorry" after a few long seconds I let go.

"Go talk to her Stefan," I said smiling "or you will regret it" I pushed my hair behind my ear.

"You sure you are ok?" He asked again his eyes roaming my face.

"Yes," I lied straight through my teeth.

Another damn founders party an excuse for everyone to get drunk. I helped out Mason with some boxes, of course, he only let me carry the lighter ones. "Mason, how's Tyler?" I asked. I haven't seen Tyler in a while. I missed our old friendship. But, after what happened I couldn't face him anymore.

"You know he told me what happened," Mason said looking down at me.

"He did?" I was surprised.

"That asshole tells me everything" He sighs shaking his head "He is always thinking about it ya know," he said grabbing an even heavier box than the last one.

"Yea is that why he's sleeping around" I smiled sweetly expressing my annoyance towards him.

Mason chuckled "When did you get so sassy?"

"Please, I was born sassy" I grabbed another box, but I didn't expect it to be as heavy as it was. My body went down with it, but Mason put his hands on my waist holding me up as the box fell to the ground.