• Daddy Issues •

Chapter thirteen

"Elena let me in late last night" I heard a familiar voice and saw that everyone was in the kitchen. My eyes widened what was he doing here?

"Nina, hello" Uncle John he smiled at me and I looked to Jenna for an answer she sighed and pulled Alaric with her to the living room passing me.

"I'll tell you later" she whispered as she passed me.

"I've decided to stay here for a while"

"Not here you're not" I spoke up.

"Actually, you can't stop me from living here," He says annoyingly.

"Actually, Jenna can and I'm sure she wouldn't want you here either"

"She's right, there is no way you're gonna stay here" Aunt Jenna walks to my side and puts her hand on her hip. "I'm the legal guardian"

"Yeah, about that..." he turns to Elena "Do you want me to speak or would you like to do the honors?" Elena scratched her forehead looking nervously at the ground avoiding mine and Jenna's stares.

"What the hell is going on?" I asked.

"I'm sorry guys I should have told you earlier but..." Elena said sighing.

"I'm Elena's biological father"

"Whaaaaaaaaaa" (lol thought it would be funny)

•~•

"Where's John?" I opened the door to a very angry Damon.

"I don't know. He left. I don't know where he went" I said as he roamed around "he just blew in and announced to Jenna that he was Elena's biological father and then took off"

"That's public knowledge now?"

"You knew?" I asked hurt that no one told me until now.

"Yeah but, are you ok?" He asked walking towards me.

"Yeah, Jenna's really angry but I'm ok," I said grabbing my coffee mug of the kitchen counter.

"Did he say what he was doing here?"

"Nope"

"Stefan thinks he's here to help"

"Stefan told you that?" I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

"Do you believe him?" Damon asked.

"No" Damon watched closely as I sipped my coffee. "So what are we gonna do?" I ask.

"Kill him"

"Can we?" I ask cheerfully.

"No. I was just kidding" He looks surprised at me but I just frown.

"Okay, I'm a little serious"

"Elena will probably get upset," I say and he sighs.

"I'm not gonna hurt him, ok?" I nodded "I'm gonna have a civil conversation..." as he leaves through the door I make a quick decision.

"Wait, I'm coming with you," I say and close the front door.

There he was at The Grill standing at a table taken by Aunt Jenna and Alaric. I stopped Damon at the door as I noticed his burning glares at John. "We just need answers" John was looking at us with his head held high "please don't do anything stupid" I begged.

"Yea but stupid is so much more fun," he said also begging.

He looked away and glared at John again. "Damon I mean it. All I'm asking is you try to keep it together" I now stood in between him and John. He looked down at me "Be the better man" I say and he quickly gives up and nods.