• Crying Wolf •

Chapter fourteen

A text message from Elena

Headed to the lake house with Stefan. Please stay safe. Don't fight with Damon.

"Pfff Damon isn't worth fighting with," I say to my self.

A text message from Nina to Elena

I'll be ok. Have fun and stay safe. Love ya. xoxo

Text from Elena

Xoxo.

I've been in my room all day. I don't have a boyfriend and all my friends are completely avoiding me so I have no choice but to sit here alone. I heard a knock on the door and saw Jenna frowning. "What's wrong?" I asked sitting straight. She huffed and puffed and eventually jumped on my bed.

"I feel like murdering someone" I laughed shaking my head.

"John is a dick right?"

"Yes! He's such a dick!" We looked at each other and broke out in laughter.

"Where is Alaric?" I asked and Jenna shrugged.

"He won't answer my text"

"Hmm that's strange, but I think I know where I can find him give me a bit I'll be right back" Eventually I ended up at the boarding house the front door was wide open. Strange. When I walked in there was a strong stench. Blood. I quietly stepped over to the dining room and saw Damon in a chair with a torture collar thing around his neck. Jules stood in front of him with two big guys standing behind her.  

My eyes met wide as I saw Alaric's lifeless body on the ground and hot tears flowed down my cheeks. "So I hear you have the moonstone" I listen.

Damon chuckles "oh if you only knew the irony of this moment right now" I sighed he's going to make it worse. Damon's smiling face turns into a glare and he says "Let me tell you how this is gonna go" he's not scared? He's the one tied down right now. "You're gonna torture me, I don't talk, someone loses a heart" Jules didn't have any fear in her eyes. "Last time it was your boy, Mason"

"This time it will be you" The man that held a chain attached to the collar tightened his grasp on the chain. Jules nodded at the man and he pulled with amazing strength. Wooden thorns that seamed attached to the collar dug into Damon's skin. He groaned in pain and I closed my eyes. I couldn't save him. But, I know who can.

"Elijah" I whispered. I knew Damon heard me but he didn't look my way. He didn't want the wolves to find me.

"You be the lookout" Jules said to one of her friends. I better get out before he- "Well hello, aren't you a pretty little thing" I gasped and behind me, the wolf-man grasped my waist and picked me up over his shoulder

"Let go of me!" I screamed and Damon jumped in his spot but groaned in pain as the collar became tighter.

"Look what I found" he laughs and I suddenly feel his hand slap against my rear.

"Don't touch me!" I felt searing pain on my rear and knew right away it would leave a mark.

"Jenson don't be a pig," Jules said laughing. "Well hello little Gilbert"

"If you touch her one more time I swear I'll rip your head right off your body" Damon threatened in a low voice.

"I mean since your not budging how about we just torture her, right?" Jules said smiling. "No healing, just a lot of screaming and blood" Damon growled.

"Let go of me!" I screamed in the animal's ear and the next second I was slammed on the floor. I made a huge thud and cried as my body laid painfully.

"Nina!" I cried and curled up in a ball.

"Where's the moonstone?" Jules asked.

"Give up you're never gonna get it," Damon said angrily.

Jules laughed yet again "You know what the great thing about humans is?" Damon squinted at her "They don't heal, they don't come back to life, and it hurts ten times more when they are shot by a gun" I gasped as Jules pointed her huge hunting gun at me.

"Don't!" Damon screamed.

"Shut up!" One of the other animals screamed and they walked over to me. Picking me up by my hair and dragging me over to Damon. I cried and scratched at their hands. They threw me again against the ground. "She's fun to play with"

"Where is the moonstone?" Jules asked.

"Are you looking for this" Everyone turned to see the original holding the moonstone. His body in a calm position leaning against the wall. No one moved but I noticed Damon's shocked face.

I wiped the wet tears from my eyes. He came closer and put the stone on the desk next to him as he smiled. "You-" Jules started but stopped because of pure fear.

He was here to save us but, how did he know? "Go ahead take it" he stepped away from the stone and one of the wolves roared and tried to attack him. Before he could even lay a hand on Elijah he was dead, with his heart ripped out of his chest and in Elijah's hands.

Two other wolves charged at him in an attempt to kill him for revenge but did so without prevail. Their hearts also were held by the original and thrown on the ground. Jules sped away before anything else happened. The whole time Elijah didn't look my way.

The last werewolf was curled on the ground next to my body. He put his jacket over his head in fear. "What about you, sweetheart, hm?" He picked him up by his jacket and the werewolf cowered away. "Wanna take a shot at it?" The wolf shook his head violently.

"Elijah" they all looked at me. I slowly got up "That's enough" I held my arm to chest knowing it was probably sprained.

"Are you alright?" He spoke softly. I saw a flash of concern for me on his face but it quickly disappeared and replaced with a stern one.

"Yes, I'm fine" I breathed out a staggering sigh.

"Where's the girl?" Elijah asked Damon and the wolf. They both shrugged. "It doesn't matter," Elijah said looking down at me.

"Elijah don't," I say going to grab his arm but he quickly punches with his elbow to connect to the wolves jaw. I hear a loud crunch meaning he broke the animal's neck. His head whipped to the side and he fell with a thud.

Elijah goes and grabs the chains that restrained Damon to the chair and ripped them off with little force. "You know this is like the third time I've saved your life" he looks over to me again.

"Yea" I whisper and he was gone in a second.

"Elijah has been planning to kill you and Elena all along," Damon says an hour later after a phone call with Stefan and Elena.

I sighed and walked over to him. "I know the deal I made Damon" he looked confused and then his confusions turned into anger. "Elijah's very careful with his words. He promised to protect my friends. He never said a word about me or Elena" Damon shook his head and stood from the couch.

"You...." he came closer to me with anger and confusion written all over his face. "You mean you knew that you weren't going to survive this?"

I shook my head "I know why they want me. I've figured it out a long time ago. It has to be me. This is destiny. Me and Elena, we will die" I say my voice becoming shaky. "If it comes down to the people that I love dying or me, I know what my choice is gonna be"

"No, Nina how could you-"

"Damon, how is that even different from you risking your life every day to protect me?" I knew he was angry but it wasn't fair.

"Because I've already lived" Damon grabbed my hands in his and held them tight. "A hundred and sixty-five years I have lived and you've barely begun!"

"Stop-"

"You wanna let yourself get killed?" He looked into my eyes with a hurt expression "That's not heroic, it's tragic"

Yay for the very first gif in the series!