• The Dinner Party •

Chapter Fifteen

"Hey, Jenna where are you?" I asked over the phone while I ate my breakfast. I woke up to no one in the house. I took a spoonful of cereal and stuffed in my mouth.

"I'm with Elijah we are walking around the old property lines" I gasp and of course with food in my mouth, I began to choke. I coughed loudly and started to pat my chest.

"Nina are you ok?" I grabbed a glass of water and chugged it down. "Nina?" I cleared my throat.

"Yea in fine I'll talk to you later" I hung up and immediately called Alaric. Even when Elijah has saved my life many times I still have doubts about him. He can't trick me with his handsome suit wearing self. Wait. What am I thinking?

"Hey, Nina what's up?" He sounded worried. I sighed with everything going on every phone call has a chance of being bad news.

"It's Jenna, she's with Elijah walking around the old property lines," I said in a hurry.

"What?!"

"Wa-" beep beep beep. I looked at my phone and knew Alaric was probably already in his car on the way to Jenna.

I called Jeremy but he didn't pick up or reply to my texts. I got up grabbed a jean jacket and ran out the door. Ending up at The Grill and seeing Damon with the hot news lady kissing each other made me want to throw up.

"He's a jerk" I turned to see Alaric starring at the two.

"Mhm," I put on the biggest fake smile. I walked over with Alaric and he sat down at the table. Damon didn't look at me once. "I'm gonna go talk to Matt, I'll be right back," I say and Alaric nodded.

Of course, I was lying, Matt isn't even working today I just made up an excuse to go slam my head in a wall. "Jeremy?" He and Bonnie were smiling at each other from across the table they sat at.

I walked up to the two and they frowned when they saw me. "Hey, guys what's up?"

"Hey sis we're just hanging out" I nodded not believing a single word.

"Bonnie, what have you been up to since the last time you trapped me in my own house?" I said with a fake smile.

"Oh... yea sorry about that"

"Mhm," I looked to Jermey "anything you wanna say to me my dear twin who I love so very much?" My smile reached ear to ear which caused Jeremy to laugh.

"It's nothing Nin- oh my god" Jermey and I looked to the entrance of The Grill and saw Elijah and Jenna coming in with a flirtatious aura.

"I gotta go" I ran back to the table to see Damon smirking at the two. "You guys see what I see right?" I asked.

"Hi!" Damon waved at Jenna. She smiled and came over with a 'hey'

"So I heard you guys had quite a meeting of historical minds," Damon said to Jenna.

"Yea I guess you could say that" she looked back at Elijah smiling.

"Well, as much as I'd like to continue this, uh, I've got papers to grade," Alaric said.

"Yes, you know what we should continue this," the bimbo next to Damon said with a cheerful expression. "Let's have a dinner party"

Damon turned his head to her, his arm still around her shoulders. "Oh, my girl, full of good ideas. I'll be happy to host" I rolled my eyes "Say tonight maybe?"

"It's good for me. Nina?" Damon's 'girl' turned to me.

"No, I don't think tonight works-"

"Yes, she's free" I looked up at Jenna surprised. I glared at her when she shrugged her shoulders.