• Klaus •

Chapter nineteen

I woke up in the huge bed stretching my limbs. The curtain was open in the room letting in the sunlight. I suddenly heard banging downstairs like something was being thrown against the walls of the Salvatore boarding house. I quickly jumped out of bed and grabbed a robe to throw on my uncovered legs and arms. I race downstairs but suddenly I'm pushed into the wall by a great force. "Nina" Elena came to my side and helped me from the ground.

"Elena, what's going on?" I asked shaken up.

"Nina" I gasped as the voice that haunted my dreams came from right behind me.

"Elijah?" His body looked like it was healing. He wasn't grey and didn't have the big veins covering his body.

"You let him go?" I looked at my sister. I was filled with confusion and betrayal.

"I had to" She came to me and held my hands in hers. "He can help us" I looked to Elijah who only looked like he wanted to dismantle our bodies.

"I don't trust him," I said shaking my head. I hugged my body "This is crazy! I'm going to get Stephan" Elena grabbed my arms tightly.

"No don't! You have to trust me, Nina" She begged. 

"How can I trust you?" Elijah spoke up, his voice raspy.

Elena sighed frustrated and then she tightened her grip on my arm. "Ow Elena let go of me" I demanded angrily.

"I'm really sorry Nina" Elena began and suddenly I was in Elijah's arms. Elena had pushed me to the other side of the door. Away from safety and into the arms of danger. I gasped and tried to make a run for it but Elijah gripped my shoulders. Surprisingly it wasn't tight like Elena's. He turned me around to face him I gasped as his eyes gazed into mine. He pulled me into his arms and my chest connected with his. I gasped at the tension and tried to push away.

"Let me go!" I yelled trying to wake one of the vampires in the house.

"Shhh! Come on Elijah we have some work to do" and unwillingly I was captured by my sister and the man I had stabbed with a knife.

I sat at the backseat of Elena's car glaring at her from behind. Elijah was sucking blood from a blood bag. Color was coming back to his sickly pale skin. Elena finally broke the silence that filled the car. "Ok let's cut to the chase I will answer the questions you ask me but in exchange, I need your word" I rolled my eyes at her hastiness.

"Your ability to make demands has long passed," I thought he was talking to Elena but instead he was looking at me through the review mirror. I turned my head to the side and shook my head. I didn't even want to see his face.

"I'm offering help and in return, I want yours" Elena ignored his comment.

"Why should I even consider helping you?" His eyes meet mine in the side mirror.

"The same reason that you haven't killed Nina or me" My eyes widened at the say of my name "you need our help to kill Klaus, and I -"

"Yes I'm ok" Elena picked up the phone call from who I guess is Stefan. "She's fine"

"Yeah I'm just dandy," I said with my arms crossed.

"No Stefan- we need some time to talk" Elena suddenly passed the phone over to me. "He wants to talk to you"

"Hello?" I put the phone to my ear.

"Are you ok?" Stefan's voice was soft but concerned.

"Yes I'm fine but I'm so close to kicking someone in the face for kidnapping me"