• Katerina •

Chapter Nine

"Damon" I smiled as he opened the front door.

"Nina" He smiled back but then I remembered why I was really there.

"Stefan called and he said it was important"

"Come right in milady" I shook my head smiling. I stepped into the house and felt a sudden gush of wind.

Stefan stood in front of me with a nervous frown. "Stefan-"

"Hey" he began.

"What's wrong what's this about?" I asked and Stefan turned around to reveal Rose. I stepped back watching her come over to Stefan's side.

"You." I looked to Damon who was glaring at Rose.

"Look I- I've been alive more years than these two and I know a little about what's true and what's not but, what I know is Klaus is real," Rose said pacing back and forth. I sat on the couch with Damon his arm around my shoulder.

"Who is Klaus?" I need to find the truth.

"He's an original, a legend" Damon tells me.

"Like Elijah" I confirmed.

"No Elijah was like the Easter bunny compared to Klaus" Was there really someone stronger than Elijah a man who beheaded a man with one slice of his hand? "He was just a foot soldier, Klaus is the real deal"

"He's known to be the oldest," Stefan says and sips something from a glass.

"Ok, so you're saying the oldest vampire in history is after my sister?"

"Yes" and "No" both answers I heard.

I sighed and Damon suddenly got up. "If what she's saying is true-"

"Which it is-" Rose said.

"And you are not just saying it so I don't kill you-" Damon crossed his arms against his chest.

"Which I'm not" Rose then commented.

"Then we are looking for a solid maybe" I rolled my eyes.

"Look Elijah is dead right? So no one else knows that you or Elena exists" Stefan said looking at both Rose and Damon angrily.

"Not that you know of"

"That's not helping," Damon said.

"We don't even know he is real. This might be something made up centuries ago years before me and Damon were even born" Stefan said trying to calm my nerves "for all we know this might just be a stupid bedtime story" Rose scoffed at Stefan.

"He's real and that bastard doesn't give up," she said placing her hands at her hips. "If he wants something he gets it"

"Stop I don't wanna hear any more" I get up throwing my hands up. I'm tired. I don't want to be here. Near her.

"You're an idiot if you think you shouldn't be afraid of him," Rose said making me even more frightened.

"Alright you've made your point," Damon said in a deep voice. Glaring at Rose as she shrugs. I got up from my place remembering where I should really be right now.

"Where are you going?" Damon asks.

"School. I'm late."

"I'll take you let me just grab my stuff," Stefan says walking towards me.

"No. No, it's ok I know where it is" I say and leave the room quickly.