• Know Thy Enemy •

Chapter Seventeen

"Again?" I hear Jenna's confused voice.

"So you're the woman who has been dating my husband," Isobel says looking her up and down. I walked down the stairs carefully in awe. "I need to speak to Elena may I come in?"

I shake my head "No! no no don't, don't invite her in" I panicked. Isobel looked at me with a sad face and looked back at Elena.

"Please if you would give me just-"

"No!" Elena cut her off and slammed the door.

I went to Elena's side "Why was she here?" My heart raced knowing that she might still be behind the door.

"You both knew she was alive?" I turned to Jenna and saw her eyes filled with hurt and confusion.

"It's not like that Jenna," I said taking her hand in mine.

She pulled her hand away and shook her head "Alaric and John did they know too?" I looked to Elena who had tears running down her face."Oh god" Jenna ran up the stairs and Elena went after her. I stayed downstairs and heard Jenna's door slam.

All night Elena tried to talk to Jenna and in the morning Jenna left without a word. "Hey, any word from Jenna?" Elena said coming into my room.

"No she won't answer her phone" I hugged my legs to my chest and tried to call her again but she must have shut off her phone.

I heard someone at my door and looked up to find John. "Yes? Do you need anything?" I asked with a slight attitude.

"Nina, can you come downstairs, please? I need to talk to you" he said without stepping into my room.

"I have absolutely nothing to say to you" I got up and went to close my bedroom door. "This is all your fault, now if you don't mind I would like to be alone" he held the door open before I could close it.

"Please, it's important, I've already asked Stefan and Elena" after he finished his sentence I see Elena and Stefan walk out her room and head over to us.

"Nina, it's ok," Stefan said nodding.

I looked at Elena who looked angry. Stefan probably convinced her to listen to John. We all went downstairs together. We turned the corner to go to the kitchen but everyone stopped walking and I heard Elena gasp. I was behind Stefan who quickly turned to look at me. I looked in front and saw Isobel. Calmly walking towards us in our house.

"I asked John for a do-over" my eyes were wide and I stayed behind Stefan.

Elena looked to John with anger "You invited her in?"

John shrugged and looked as calm as Isobel did "She has information about Klaus" He risked our lives and invited this woman into the only safe place we have! "Please listen to her"

I stepped next to Stefan and looked up at him. I looked to see if he thought this was a good idea. He looked down at me and sighed. "Ok, what do you know?"

"Since I was last here, I've been doing everything possible to find Klaus" I listened carefully trying to take in any infromation I could. "We knew our best chance was to find him before he would find you"

"Best chance at what?" Stefan cut in.

"Keeping Elena alive" John answered and that only angered Elena even more.

"You don't get to talk, ok, not after everything you've done" She stopped shifting and went next to Stefan.

"Were you able to find Klaus?" Stefan asked Isobel.