• The Sun Also Rises •

Chapter Twenty-one

I followed Klaus into the woods not far from home. They were deep and dark. A scary and lonely place to die. Klaus gave me a warning that I shouldn't do anything stupid while he is gone. On the ground there was a body my heart started to race but then I hear groaning. Relief spilled over me, they're alive. "Hello?" the sweet familiar voice rang in my ears. "Hello is anyone there?" My eyes filled with tears.

"Jenna?" Jenna turned towards me quickly and she smiled.

"Nina!" Jenna tried to stand up but she fell back down.

"Jenna, what are you doing here?" My body shook in fear, if anything were to happen to Jenna I don't know what I would do.

"I- I don't know" Jenna's voice wavered as she looked around. I nodded and took her hand in mine.

"I need to get you out of here" My voice shook, what if Klaus came back and saw Jenna here?

"I can't Nina my body hurts," She said shaking her head.

"Jenna we have to leave now!" I say but she doesn't budge.

"No I can't!" she repeated.

"What do you mean?" I held her hand tightly in mine.

"She's in transition" I look up at a woman standing a few feet away from us. If looks could kill I would be dead by now.

"Transition?"

"To become a vampire" She spoke calmly. I shook my head and Jenna gasped beside me.

"No no no" I turned to Jenna "Jenna we have to leave now" Jenna nodded and I pulled her to my side.

"You're not going anywhere" The woman suddenly raised her hand and a strong force threw me off my feet. I screamed in the air and my back hits the ground. I cough as the wind is blown out of me. Suddenly fire appears around me and my wrist burns.

"Nina!" I hear Jenna's voice and also someone else's.

"Let them go!" I look up to see my sister a few feet away from me.

"Come drink" the witch spoke as she cut her wrist.

"Jenna don't" Elena screams. Jenna shakes her head but quickly grabs the witch's writs and drinks her blood.

"No!" I scream as I try getting up from the ground.

Minutes seemed like hours as my body laid on the ground. I hugged my burnt wrist to my chest and Elena would check on Jenna. "Hey, how are you feeling?"

"I feel like myself, but not, everything is brighter, the fire's hotter, part of me is terrified, but there is another part of me that just doesn't want to feel anything" Jenna explains.

"Vampires can turn off the part that's human" Elena explained "That's the part that hurts"

"I'm gonna die aren't I?" Jenna said tears falling down her cheeks.

"No!" I shouted as I pushed myself up onto my knees. "I- We will not let you die"

"Ahh" All of us look in the direction of the groaning. "That must be the werewolf" I spoke and soon enough the witch brought the wolf.

"What is happening to me?!" Jules yelled as she crawled on the ground.

"I slowed down your transformation, your insides are trying to tear themselves free" The witch smiles.

"How can you do this! Greta, you're a witch it is your duty to keep this curse sealed!" Elena yelled towards her in anger.

"My duty is to Klaus, the new order"