Trial:Bumblebee

Pov Raf
Most of us were in the commons  area anyway, so we just waited for a few others. Waveous appeared on stage where Megatronous usually was.
"The trial is now in session." Wavous played back a recording of Megatronous.

"What the???" I thought.

Madi sighed. "So I found a metal pipe in the corner in Bees room. Magnus says the knife used is possibly the same one that killed Cliff."
Magnus nodded.
"Killed by the own weapon he found." I said sadly.
"The murder obviously happened last night."
"Remember how Bee was the first to go to bed? And then Smokescreen took Tiger to bed?" Wheeljack said.
"So it could be either Tiger or Smoke then?"
"Hey! Do you really think that I would really kill Bumblebee after I was knocked out last night?!"
"She does have a point." I said.
"But if I didn't do it, then who did?" Smoke asked.
"Oh really? Then why were you limping earlier Smokescreen?" Wheeljack asked.
"I told you, I tripped over Tigers bed leg."
"That's true. I asked Megatronous why you were limping and he told you really did trip over Tigers bed leg, but that wasn't the reason why."
"Do you know why then?" Amber asked.
"No, actually. He wouldn't tell me why."
"We're getting nowhere so far, why would there be a pipe in Bees room if that wasn't the weapon he died by?" Madi asked.
"What if it was for self defense?" Amber asked
"That could be a possibility."
"How do we know it was a bot?"
"Weapon size."
"Oh, right."
"So what if the pipe was for self defense? If Bee hit someone with it, wouldn't that cause someone to limp?" Wheeljack asked, looking at Smoke. No one talked.
"And what happened to the knife after Cliffs death?" I asked
"It was removed with the body." Smoke said.
"How did you know that, Smoke?"
"Didn't you notice after every murder that the body is taken away?" Smoke said.
"Yeah, we know that. I'm talking about the weapon."
He didn't reply
"Well?"
"I-I thought the weapon was taken with the body!"
"What about Arcees death? Was the anvil and wrecking ball taken away then?" I asked.
"No."
"Then what happened to it?"
"I don't know! It was gone when I last checked!" Smoke protested.
"Last checked? Mean when you took it?" Magnus asked.
"I-I.."
"If you did take it, you would be saving it for the next murder. And since you went to bed early, right after Bee did, then you would have the perfect opportunity to strike." Magnus said.
"Bee must have had the pipe before hand, and when he saw you he tried to defend himself." Miko said.
It got quiet again. Smoke looked  nervous like he did on the first  day.
"Smoke, it couldn't have been  anyone else."
"Who went to bed after me then?"  Smoke asked.
"I did. Two hours after you did, Smoke." I said.

Optimus frowned at Smoke. "What about you Optimus? You went with me to the beds. Did you immediately go to bed or..."

"I went back to the commons to be with Wheeljack and Ultra Magnus. We were there the whole night." Optimus replied.
Pov: Madi.
I paid no attention to the trail, but I was deep in thought.
" Why does Waveous sound so familiar? Waveous? Waveous... Wave... Wave!! SOUNDWAVE!!!"
I shouted Soundwave, causing all eyes and optics to look at me.
Soundwave, though he had no face, I knew was shocked.

Scrap! I really messed this up
"Oh, Primus..." I moaned.
"Soundwave?" Wheeljack asked.
"Wavous, Soundwave, why did you change your name? And how did I remember it?" I asked. I started to tap my fingers on the table, like I usually did when I was thinking.

A pain in my head caused me to stop. I grimaced and collapsed onto the floor. Amber was the first next to me, screaming my name.

Everything was blurry for a few seconds, but then returned to normal.
"Madi!"
I moaned. "Ouch..."
"What was that about?!"
"I feel like I got hit in the head with a brick."

Soundwave then paid no attention to me. The trail continued.

The thought of him ignoring me made me upset. I don't know why, I feel like, I just feel like we had something. I fragging remembered his name even!

"Guys! Ratchet's scanner!!" Jack yelled. "We can check the pipe to see who was holding it!!"

"Should Jack go get the scanner, or would someone confess?" Wheeljack asked.
I looked at Smoke, who sat next to me. He looked awfully nervous. This wasn't like him, he was a happy, distracted, bot all the time. "Smoke," I whispered.
"Yeah?"
"Did you?"

He didn't respond. But I saw tears in his eyes. His lip was quaking. Wheeljack knew it was him all along.
"I'm sorry Smoke. I really am. I will tell them all something, including you, if you tell them the truth." I whispered.

He looked so scared to tell them all that he was the murderer. Jack was about to stand up,
"No, Jack." Smoke said. "I did it. I killed Bee."
"Smokescreen!" Tiger cried.
Tears ran down his face, but he quickly wiped them away.
"It's true. After I dropped you off to bed, I went to grab the knife from my room. I snuck it to Bee's room, but he heard me. He panicked when he saw me with the knife. He was prepared with that metal pipe. He swung and the first hit I dodged, but he swung again, hitting my leg. That's what caused me to limp." Smoke started to tremble, more tears formed in his eyes.
"I was so angry and upset about last night, that I took it out on poor Bee."
"No, no no no. Smoke you didn't do this." Tiger whimpered.
"I did."
I started to cry. I knew what was going to happen next. I gave Smoke a hug. Smokescreen, in the life we forgot about, I know we were friends.
"I don't want to see you go!" I sobbed.
"I-it's ok. I'll t-take what I deserve. And somehow, I'll tell Bee I'm sorry."

"I made you a promise Smoke. And I tend to see it through." I gently laughed.
I looked at Raf, and he shook his head no.
"Bee and Raf knew. You all should know."
I got up and went to the middle of the room before transforming.
The others froze.
"So that's how you got the wrecking ball down!" Wheeljack shouted.
" yep." I picked up smoke and gave him a hug. "Nevah forget yah smokey." I whispered in his ear.
When I put him down, he turned to Soundwave.
"Waveous, or whatever your real name is, do I permission to do one last thing before the execution?"
Soundwave nodded.

I wiped the tears from my eyes.

Smoke ran from the room and returned a second later.
"Tiger, I wish we had longer." He said.
"To remember me by." He handed her something that started to make her cry.
Then reluctantly walked into the execution room.

I transformed back into my human self and walked in the execution room, we all know by now, or we would die. I saw Smoke down below. He gave me a thumbs up before the count down started.