A Help

It was a bright and sunny morning. White, fluffy clouds drifted across the sky. The sky was an expanse of sapphire blue, dotted with quite big feathery white clouds as the radiant rays of the sun shone brightly in the azure blue sky. I was taking a walk across the forest ,near a stream,as usual . I lived near a small forestry area through which I had to travel to go to market. So I always enjoyed living so close to the nature and feel its beauty.

As I was enjoying walking along the stream, I heard flapping of wings and saw it came behind a bushy shrub. Though it seemed a bit dangerous to go there and find out, I took the risk to go there. I was sure that some bird needed help but it was doubtful that if there was some other dangerous creature with it, which might have been causing the trouble for the bird. I somehow wanted to save it, whatever it would have been.

When I looked behind the bush, I saw a swan flapping its wings. When I looked carefully at it, it had injured its left wing and that was caught in the branches of the bushy shrub. And as I feared, there was no other threatening creature for the swan, which relieved me. Then, I slowly freed it from the branches and took it by my hands as delicately as possible.

I did not want to increase its pain as it would have been already suffering for hours. It remained silent and did not panic, as it may have had understood that I was helping it. It looked at me in a peaceful manner but it seemed weak. I felt like it wanted to thank me, even before I really helped it. I was actually so happy because usually a wild swan would have never gone so close to human beings but it was so friendly with me. So I decided to abandon my visit to the market, but to help the sweet swan. So I took it with me to my home.

.....to be continued