The deep pain

I stood there, looking at a distant tree, lost in those beautiful memories from the past. I was almost shivering, not out of cold but the sudden strike of fate. The incident had left a deep pain in my heart as if I was struck by an arrow in my chest. I felt numb, unable to think what to do next. I had to sit somewhere, I wanted to take rest for a while , hoping that after I would wake up whatever happened would have been  just a kind of nightmare. Slowly, I felt the pain grow stronger than before. I could barely breathe. I collapsed on the sofa just a few metres away from me. And I lied down for a few minutes and slowly the pain was fading away. I slowly stood up and let out a sigh of relief. But when I turned around, to my horror, I saw myself on the sofa. I blankly stared at myself on the sofa. It was my body which was lying there and I was separated from my body , somewhat like a ghost. But my body was still living, somehow I had to take my body to the hospital nearby. I tried taking my body by myself but I couldn't do it. My hand just went through it. I was terribly scared. I couldn't believe I was in that state, between life and death, in a strange manner. I was just praying to the almighty that everything would be just like a nightmare. The more I wanted to get away from this situation, the more it was nearing me, worsening in an unexpected way. I could not find a way to get myself to the hospital. Though it would sound awkward, it was reality to me. I was almost giving up hoping to meet the dark end of life.

But suddenly I saw something that lit up my hope. I saw her coming back,in the form of the swan. I could make out from her looks that she was willing to check me but she made sure that she did not grab attention of anyone, especially me. I couldn't take my eyes off her. She was the only hope, the way possible back to my life. As she took her human form, slowly walked in like spies and when she saw my body on sofa, she sighed out of relief. I tried to talk to her but it was of no use, as I was almost dead. She gave a quick cry, out of surprise and shock. She quickly understood that I was at the verge of death. She took my body by herself. Though she was struggling to carry me, putting my hand around her neck. She somehow called up a cab,after reaching the main market road and took me to the hospital as soon as possible. I was slowly losing my form, the ghostly form in which I had been for few hours. Everything was blurring, going out of vision. Finally , I saw my body on the hospital bed surrounded by a group of nurses and a doctor. And my wife was crying bitterly, blaming herself.

The last view that I saw, was a panicking group of doctor and nurses, my crying wife, and the life line monitor showing an abnormal condition of my heart, and finally the zigzag line on the screen became a straight line.

.....to be continued