Caring and healing

As I brought the swan home, I placed it on a comfy chair. Then I rushed inside for finding the available medication for the swan. Then I took some bandages and some natural medicines and applied it on the injured area of the left wing of the swan. It seemed so much pleased at my work, but the weakness still prevailed over it.

After the swan had slept due the exhaustion of all day long, I went inside and made a suitable portable like a cushioning thing , made out of a cardboard box . As soon as I entered the living room where the swan was resting, the swan got up from sleep and looked at me. I gently took it by my arms and placed it over the resting box which looked like a artificial nest. It seemed like that the swan liked it. I was a bit surprised cause I hadn't made it that perfectly still it liked it.

I did not know what to give the swan as food. I had cooked some rice and gave some of it to the swan. It ate some and then refused to eat, I thought that may be it needs rest so I took the rice away and gently patted its head and it gave me a push to my hands which looked like thanking me. I was a bit excited so I said to it , "Good night, lovely bird."

The swan looked happy but it slept fast asleep as it was weak. Then, I went into the dining room and had my dinner. Then I headed towards the living room and lied on the bed which had to be pulled out from sofa, that means the sofa was sofa cum bed. Then I closed my eyes and prayed to God for a minute. Then I kept thinking about the whole day and finally every thing became blank.

Then when I opened my eyes, I saw that the swan was awake and looked out through the window sadly. I said ,"Good morning, lovely"  and continued " Did you sleep well?". It turned to me as it wanted to say something to me , but then it turned towards the window. Then I got up from the bed, went to the bathroom and got ready. Then I came back and I knew why the swan was sad and said to it ,"Hey, don't be sad , I know that you want to go out for a while but I can't let you go alone , you are still recovering." When I said this , the swan cried in happiness( here   'cry' means it's calling sound).Then I took it by my arms, walked out of the house and locked it .

Then I took the swan with me to the stream and placed it gently on the ground. It tried to walk steadily but couldn't walk properly. The wound must have been stopping it from walking steadily. It didn't walk much, it looked at the stream, went towards it and drank some water from there. Then after a while, I took it back from the walk to my house and placed it on the cardboard nest. Then, I went to the market to buy some groceries and all that stuff.

As I returned from market, I placed the bought stuffs in the kitchen and quickly, went towards the swan. It was sleeping. But when I noticed the injury on the swan's left wing , I saw the injury had quite healed and was almost cured. So I had decided that by tomorrow the swan can leave my house. I didn't wanted to but I was quite sure I couldn't take care of it longer, I did not have a perfect place for the swan to stay or the required needs to look after it. The choice of leaving it had hurt me but I made a choice which would have been good for the swan or maybe I am taking a wrong decision, however I decided to leave it near the stream.

Then, the after noon passed away, followed by the evening. I reapplied the medicines and finally after giving something  to the swan for eating , I had my lunch and went back to sleep.

The next day, when I woke up I went to the swan and checked the wound. It was healed. Then I removed the bandage and took it with me to the stream, there I released it. But It did not go away from me. So  I slowly spoke to it, "Hey I don't want to hurt you or I actually do not know how to keep a swan as a pet but I really had a good time with you. Moreover, it didn't feel right for me to say you a good bye,umm.. sorry for this, bye lovely ."

It looked at me undeviated for a while, then it swam away through the stream. I was really sad at this, and the swan also seemed sad for this. I turned and headed towards my house with tears in my eyes. And got in , slammed the door and sat on the sofa crying silently.

........to be continued.