The incident

That day, I did not go to the shop as I was not feeling well. It was however a cloudy day but unusually the clouds were dark. Usually dark clouds used to come to that locality in the month of July, the rainy season. But it was autumn and it would have soon gone as the winter was nearing by. I was just happily thinking that today I could just take rest at home and also be with my beloved wife.

And I slowly got up from my bed and as usual, she used to get up early and start the daily works. As she came across the drawing room, she asked me, "Are you not going to the market today?" . I said, "No today, I am not feeling well so thought of staying at home. , I could also spend a days time with you". She grinned and said," making an excuse to spend time with me? Huh!".I said,"Maybe my health is not that good, which helps me to give you an excuse of staying at home". And then I smiled and she raised an eyebrow at me, finally ending up smiling at me. I smiling said to her,"Let me help you out for today as you have an assistant at your service, the full day". I grabbed her in my arms carefully and she chuckled, finally resting her head on my right arm. Then she asked me,"If you are not feeling well, then you could take rest instead of helping me". I said to her,"Being around you makes me feel better". She rolled her eyes and said blushingly,"Making excuses for being around me and disturbing me this way?". I said to her, "Ya, you are finally getting it and laughed quickly in a silent way". She narrowed her eyes at me and then laughed along with me. Finally, I put her down as she notified me that we had reached the kitchen and I was standing there, holding her in my arms, for a while talking to her. And then, I helped her to cook breakfast. After having breakfast, she asked me to take the remaining pots to the market and sell them.

I took the pots, went to the market and sold them. While returning, I had some conversations with fellow shopkeepers and walked to my house, relaxing in the pleasant, calm weather, though the sky was covered with dark clouds. As I entered the house, I kept the bag containing some groceries, which I had bought from the market, on the dining table. Then I called out for my wife. Then I observed that the room, where she used to make pots, was slightly open. Due to my curiosity, I peeped in to see how she would have been making the pot. I was surprised to see that view. There was nobody else but the same swan, whom I had helped, was spinning the potters wheel and was making the pot. Confused by this, I let out a silent cry. I couldnt believe that swan would come back and help my wife with making pots or was the swan itself my wife. I was troubled by the questions that were arising in my mind. Slowly the door opened and there stood my wife looking at me, angrily. Then she asked me, "Did you peep in?". I was just frowned. Quickly, I answered, "no". She had tears in eyes, her voice broke as she said," Dont lie to me?". I said, " Umm..! I saw a swan". She said," You shouldnt have peeped in, you could have called me, I am the swan, I wanted to pay back the help you did to me th-that is why I stayed with you".

There was silence for a while. I did not know what to say, I was totally confused. After a while, she said to me," I dont know whether I can stay with you anymore, as you know that I am the swan". Saying so she started to cry bitterly and she took the form of the swan and flew away. I stood watching her fly away, till she faded away from my sight, with a deep pain in my heart.

(The end of the actual story. Though I have made it up in my own way, the basic story line is same as the existing story. Hope you liked it, umm..! Actually it has a sad ending, so I will be continuing the rest which is made up by me. Hoping that I could make the story complete in a good way.)

.....to be continued