Nine.

ARIAH HAD ALWAYS been a shy girl, but her sister was pressuring her to admit her feelings to the one and only Michael Jackson. It had been forever since the feelings she had for him were planted inside of her heart and it was finally time to do something about it -- or so she thought.

"So, you got it?" Stella asked her sister for what seemed like the hundredth time. "First, you talk about how he seems perfect to you. Compliment his talent and talk about how you've loved him ever since you were a baby. Then, say how you feel about him now. Make it all connect."

"Easy for you to say! You're courting already." Ariah was right. Her sister was dating. In fact, she was going steady with actor Jason Preistley. He was charming and Ariah thought he was very beautiful. She was happy that her sister was in love. "I get shy, you know."

"Well, just say what comes to mind." Stella laughed. "I don't know what to tell you anymore."

"Well, thanks for nothing, sis."

"Big sisses!" Zuri came running down the hall, holding onto her Raggedy Ann doll for dear life. "Have you seen Mama?"

"No, I haven't seen her." Ariah giggled at her little sister, who was trying to catch her breath. "Why?"

"We're playing hide and seek and it's been forever since I've seen her." She pouted. Ariah thought back to when her mother used to play the same childhood game with her and where the typical hiding places would be. "Did you check the powder room?"

"Yup."

"Her closet?"

"Yup."

"Daddy's closet?" Stella asked her and Zuri nodded excitedly.

"Yes!" She giggled. "She wasn't there."

"I'll help find her, sweetie." Stella smiled and picked her up. "Sissy here has some serious business to take care of -- don't you, Ariah?"

"If you call admitting feelings some serious business, then yeah." Ariah lightly chuckled and Stella smirked at her. "I guess I do!"

"Good luck!" Stella and Zuri squealed in unison, while Ariah blew them as kiss as she backed away from them.

She went into her bedroom to freshen up. The girl placed her long hair in a tight, but perfect bun on top of her head, using gel for her edges. She sprayed some perfume on herself and applied lip gloss to her lips. She thought she looked attractive, but this was all for Michael. She hoped that he would be impressed.

••••

"Ariah McCartney!" None other than Lionel Richie himself loudly announced, seeing Ariah walk through the door of the studio that he and Michael were working in that day. It was a blessing that her family was close with so many incredibly famous, yet incredibly talented people. "You look older every time I see you." He lightly chuckled, coming to give her a huge hug. "I mean that in the best way possible."

"Thanks, Nelly Richie." She smiled, still calling him by the name she called him as a toddler. He chuckled and Michael was in the corner of the room, just observing. The entertainer didn't know what to say or even if he should interrupt. He was amused at the name that Ariah addressed Lionel as, but figured it was affectionate.