Thirteen.

EVER SINCE THE police report was filed to find Ariah, the McCartneys were worried to death about her safety. Michael was also worried out of his mind. He just wondered why the young girl would take off so suddenly and leave everyone miserable about her safety.

"Ariah's gone missing." Michael lowly muttered as he walked into the studio. "They can't find her anywhere."

"Paul's little girl?" Quincy and Lionel asked at the same time.

"Yes." Michael gave them blank faces. "Who else would I be actually talking about? I don't socialize with too many people outside of the brothers, you guys, and Brooke."

"Exactly, which is why we knew right off the bat who you were speaking of, okay?" Lionel shook his head and started to pace the studio. "If i were seventeen and in Manhattan, where would I go?"

"Shopping." Quincy suggested.

"Does she have money?"

"Of course, she has money." Michael said it like that statement was a no-brainer, which it was. "The real question here is if she brought money. She gets money from her parents and they haven't given her anything recently." He explained. "I was over there last night and we saw that she took some of her posters and a few of the many pairs of Converses that she owns."

"That's it?" Quincy asked, tapping his chin. "Weird. She must've visited a friend."

"I honestly thought she would come to my place, since I'm kind of like, a friend to her.." Michael thought aloud. "I just wish she would've because I would let her stay with me for as long as she needed to stay. We wouldn't all be worried sick like this."

"Damn." Quincy groaned. "I feel bad for Macca and the family." Lionel agreed and Michael still couldn't comprehend what was happening. This was a girl that he was beginning to have real feelings for. All of a sudden, she was gone.

"Hello.."

Brooke walked into the studio, causing Lionel and Quincy to begin smirking.

"Hi, Brooke." Michael waved to her, not coming to where she was. The entertainer was in deep thought, mostly about Ariah. He hoped she was okay.

"I would like to tell you something." Brooke finally walked over to Michael. She had a glum look on her face and she didn't know how to say the words she needed to say. "In private.."

"Guys, go for a minute. Please?" Michael looked at Quincy and Lionel as they snickered and got up to leave the room.

"What is it, Brooke?"

"I'm pregnant."

"We've never.." Michael didn't finish the statement and Brooke nodded, knowing what he was trying to say.

"I know, I know." The young woman looked uneasy. "Look, I still love you."

"I don't get why you say you do, when you don't." Michael sighed and grabbed his jacket from the corner of the room. "You really don't, Brooke." He kind of chuckled and grabbed his aviators, setting them on his face perfectly. He started going out the door to exit the studio.

"Michael, where are you going?"

"You and I are through and we have been for a long time, Brooke." Michael told her straight up. "I'm going to try my hardest to find someone who does love me."

He finally left the studio. He was wearing regular clothing with Converses himself. He had a bun in his hair, hoping he wouldn't be recognized. He didn't have any type of body guard with him and it was the very first time he had ever gone out in public like this.

Downtown Manhattan was the place to be and it was crowded, just like every other day. Michael hid in empty alleys, trying to avoid mobs of people recognizing him.

However, this one particular alley, Michael had stayed there for a couple of minutes. He looked at the murals that were painted on the sides of the buildings. There was actually one of The Jackson Five, which put a huge smile on Michael's face.

"You know, I remember when someone drew that. It wasn't always there." A voice from behind Michael said and he slowly turned around, instantly recognizing Ariah.

Michael gasped, covering his mouth. "Where have you been, girl?"

"Long story, but the important thing here is that I'm alright. Right?" Ariah nervously chuckled and Michael kind of smirked at her.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah, actually." She nodded, walking closer to Michael. "I would just really like to stay away from home right now."

"Well, they've got a police report filed to look for you since you've been gone for awhile." Michael sighed. "Look, I'll let you stay with me in my penthouse down the way here. But, I'm gonna have to tell your parents first."

"Ugh, fine."

"We can use the phone in the studio, which is about a block from here." The entertainer suggested while giving the young girl a big hug. "I'm just really glad you're okay, sweetheart."

"Me, too." Ariah smiled, breaking the embrace. The two outlaws made their way down to the studio and Brooke had left, but Quincy and Lionel were still there.

"Mike the Superhero!" Quincy announced jokingly and Lionel started clapping loudly.

"Yeah, exactly." Ariah began to laugh. He came to my rescue." Michael was smiling really big, but he was on the phone in the corner of the room, calling the McCartney residence.

"Linda, withdraw the police report. We found her. She'll stay with me for the next few days. I'll get her home safe and sound to you, I promise." Michael told Linda over the phone, who was literally crying tears of joy. She claimed she would cancel the police report and pass the great news to Paul. The phone call didn't take long, Linda was just happy to know that she was alright. Being a little more laid back than her soon-to-be ex-husband, Linda didn't have a problem with Ariah staying with Michael for a few days. She understood the need for escape and she felt comfortable knowing that she would be okay with Michael himself.

"Ready to go to the penthouse?" Michael asked Ariah and she nodded quickly.

"Yes, sir!" She smiled widely and followed Michael out of the studio.