4 - Time To Be Friends!

After about five minutes of a body-warming hug session, BG finally broke the silence.

“You stay right here, Claire. I’ll be back, I promise.”

“No, please, don’t go. I’m scared!” I replied, reluctant to let him go.

“Shh… I told you. Nothing can touch you…”

“Until you’re here…” I cut him off. “Go BG. Good luck!” I smiled at him.

He gave me a quick smile and headed out of the place. I did not have the slightest idea where we were. It was all dark, and I was shit scared. After a few minutes passed, I heard a gunshot. Oh my God, I hoped BG was alright. When I heard a second gunshot, I could not stop myself. I headed in the same direction as BG had gone, there was a hint of light at a distance. I finally saw light and I was out in the open again. I could not see anyone. I turned right. Holy shit. There he was, held at gunpoint. My heart was in my mouth. I had to do something.

The guy holding BG looked middle-aged, and he had a clean shaved face. The scariest part of his face was a stone eye in his right socket. He looked like a monster, I tell you. And the worst part, he had an entire gang out there. I had to do something to save BG. Then a light bulb switched itself on in my brain. I took out my cell phone, and tried to position it so as to get maximum reception. I opened Google, and typed in ‘police van siren mp3’. I downloaded the melody quickly and played it out loud.

The look on the white-eyed guy’s face was priceless! He let go of BG immediately and shot into his car. His men followed suit. In a matter of seconds, they were gone, leaving me and BG alone in the deserted place.

“What place is this? I never knew something like this existed around my college!” I exclaimed.

“Claire? You?” BG’s jaw dropped, and he looked angry. “I asked you not to move!”

“Yeah, I moved and that is why they left you. The siren was just an mp3 file on my phone.”

BG’s eyes lightened up. “Really?”

I nodded.

“Wow! You are really smart!” He smiled. Immediately, his expression tightened when he realized I saved him. The girl saved the guy.

“B-but, it was not necessary, I would have managed, you know. I’m an expert!” He said, trying to sound strong.

I rolled my eyes. He was so full of himself. “BG, why’d they try to kill me? What did I do to them?”

“You didn’t.”

“Then?”

“I’m sorry I can’t…”

I slapped him on the shoulder, “I hate you BG.”

“Its Jason.”

Jason? Wow, I liked his name. It sounded so sexy. But I tried to hide my excitement. “Jason? Jason what?”

“DeRulo!” He winked.

“Come on. Tell me your surname!”

“Jason Tyler. Isn’t that one hell of a name?” He spoke with the excitement of a ten year old.

I only smiled at how cute he was, and then I remembered what I had to do.

“I’m sorry Jason. For yesterday. I could not control my anger.”

“Hey, we’re good. Besides, milk is good for hair!”

I laughed and after a good deal of walking, I reached the college entrance. “See you!”