12 - The Special Ring!!!!!

I blushed on the way home, remembering what mom had said. For the first time since he had come, Jason was not driving.

“Let the kids take the backseat. I’ll drive!” Mom said. Dad agreed to sit in the passenger seat. Jason had a problem with sitting in the middle, and I didn’t want to keep blushing and get myself embarrassed by sitting next to him. So there Brad was, sandwiched between the two of us. He looked pathetic.

“I hate you for this.” He snarled at me.

I just chuckled. When we reached home, my enthusiasm of having Jason back was still at the same level as it was in the morning. A constant grin adorned my face, and I kept straightening my dress out. Which was very weird.

“What’s with your dress?” Jason raised his right eyebrow.

“I just…” I ogled at him. He looked very hot with a bandage diagonally wrapped around his torso. He looked like a sexy soldier of war!

He looked around. Mom and dad had already headed inside. Brad was busy with his phone, turned towards the other side. He quickly planted a kiss on my lips. I blushed into the deepest tinge of red as I pushed him away softly, “Jason! Not here!”

“Let’s go to my bedroom then?” He smirked, now closer to me. My heart skipped a beat.

“Jason!” I said nervously, “I’m scared…”

He moved away and started laughing, “Okay, okay! To be continued.” He pointed both his index fingers to me, with his thumbs up.

Later that day, mom asked me to take fruits to Jason’s room, nudging me in the arm. Moms! I excitedly carried them to his room, trying to be the perfect girlfriend. I knocked on his door, and remembering his condition, walked in without waiting for his response.

“Whoa! You should have…” Jason blushed. He was wearing only a pair of boxers.

I closed my eyes immediately, and started to walk towards his nightstand. I placed the fruits on it, opening my eyes. Then an idea hit my head. I took out my cell phone from my jeans, still facing away from him. And then, I unleashed the animal in me again.

“Say cheese!” I screamed, turning around, and I got the perfect snapshot!

Jason, in the photograph, had a priceless expression on his face! Of course, before he could delete it, I returned to the home screen. Thank God I had never told him my password.

“This is going to be with me forever, just in case I need it for future blackmails!” I doubled up on his bed, laughing uncontrollably.

Jason just stood there with a blank face, and suddenly his lips drew into a smirk. Uh oh. That meant trouble for me.

“Hey Brad! Could you come over here?” saying this he tossed his clothes into my hand.

“Yeah…oh my god! Claire!” Brad said, shocked.

“She won’t give me back my clothes.” Jason said, with a puppy face.

I stared at him with my jaw dropped.” No way! Can’t you tell he’s lying?!”

“I know you sis. You are weird.” He took the clothes from my hand and gave them back to Jason.

“She even clicked a picture of me.” Jason said, still in puppy face mode. I wondered why Brad fell for that.

“Give me your phone Clairey!”

I handed him my phone, red faced. Though he was just a minute older, he liked to boss around. And one unfortunate day, I had to tell him my password. Dangit! The photo was immediately deleted. I stuck out my tongue at Jason and left the room. He returned the action. Wow, what a typical boyfriend!

I sat in my room, watching a Spanish movie with subtitles on. It was so nice. So, so nice. I could feel the story flowing effortlessly. The movie had many romantic scenes. On one such moment, Jason walked into my room unannounced. I felt really awkward. The lead pair was kissing passionately. Jason sat down beside me, and chuckled at how uncomfortable I was.

“Want to try that?” He asked, serious this time.

I could not even manage a word in return. Kissing him at the hospital out of excitement was a whole different thing. This was another story altogether.

 Jason intertwined his fingers into mine, as my body flushed up. The soundtrack of the movie went very well with my situation. And suddenly I felt him slide something into my finger. I looked down.

There it was, a ring made out of paper. You might find that very stupid. But it made me cry. On it, he had managed to write in a miniature handwriting-

‘I love you, forever’