04゚

C h a p t e r 4:
An Angel

「 Minsoo 」

"Where's that thing?" I mumbled to myself and patted to the ground for the fifth time.

What am I, a decoration at the side that they can just look at and avert their gaze from?

My glasses got all crushed up by now. It's been a minute and everyone who walks by only ignores me.

Or is it possible that my glasses got stolen instead?

"Hey miss," I was startled by that voice. It suddenly came out of nowhere.

I gasped. Is it my conscience?

"I think you dropped this," the voice continues.

Nah sherlock, I ain't drop nothing!

Next, I felt my hand being held and the person opened my palm. The familiar metal frame of the glasses was laid on my touch.

"Thank you," I said as I wear a bright smile.

God had sent me an angel, at last! What took the angel so long?

But when I wore the pair of spectacles, after sliding it upwards to the bridge of my nose, messy lines are everywhere in my sight, sketched to each space I can look at.

Ah great! They're already broken!

I took off my poor eyeglasses almost immediately. Well, it's embarassing to wear those, of course.

"I'm sorry that your glasses are broken. I hope you can see your way home safe..."

Again, for the second time as it is, I was startled by the same voice.

The way it sounds is like a sharp edge of a table - I can't help it but back off and let out a gasp.

"Oh, you're still here," I tried hard to get a clear glimpse of the person in front of me.

Yet the only best glance I can see from him is his black hood and his black face mask. His identity is all covered, hidden from any human eyes.

"I got to go now. My friends are waiting for me," he finally said.

I watched him wave his hand at me as he walks backwards. Pfft.

That guy, he can trip over behind him if he continues that exhibition.

"Bye!" he bid with a lively voice.

Everything happened so fast. But there's only one thing I can think of...

WHERE THE HELL IS LOLLY?!