05゚

C h a p t e r 5:
Firetruck!

「 Jaemin 」

"Finally!"

A familiar voice grunted at my back while Chenle and I are running towards an exit.

I glanced over my shoulder to see the owner of that voice - Jeno. I also see Jisung, Donghyuck, and Renjun behind him.

When we finally got outside, our manager is already there waiting. She opened the van for us and we got in quickly before a fan can spot us again.

"Where's Mark?" manager. Her eyes are full of confusion.

But we only exchanged glances at each other, not really knowing what to say.

"Oh yeah, about that. I think we should just arrange a funeral tomorrow---"

Donghyuck instantly received a hard strike on the head from manager, not even be able to finish his wrong-timing joke.

"Oww," he groaned in pain, dramatically touching his skull.

You deserve it just fine, pabo.

"I'm not in the mood to hear jokes so where on earth is Mark?!" manager is angry now.

"Mark hyung told us to wait here---" Jeno was cut off when someone hopped into the van which happened to be the person we were talking about.

"I'm sorry, I'm late. They stole my shoe," Mark showed his bare foot while panting like a dog.

Imagine him running with only one shoe. Tsk, indeed poor hyung.

"Aish!"

The wind brushes my cheek, shifting past me all of a sudden. That was actually the hand of manager-nim smacking Mark's head. What the hell?! Poor hyung!

"Don't make me worry, you kid! You all are giving me headache! I told you, you should not go to these places without my permission! Especially when you don't have an adult with you!"

Blah blah blah---

"Uhm, manager-nim. I think we should go before those people catch us," Jisung innocently pouted his lips to point somewhere at the back of the van.

I spun my head and...

"Zombie tsunami," Jeno and I uttered at the same time, both overwhelmed by the many runners approaching fast.

Manager is in panic as she struggles to lift herself into the van. As you know, she weights a ton.... tbh.

The crazy girls, mostly sasaengs, caught us. Before I could close the vehicle's door (since I'm unluckily the nearest one to it), they threw a lot of stuff into the van.

I even saw a moomin stuff toy flying. Renjun is probably cuddling with it now. Wait- is that a dolphin toy I see?

At last, after draining my energy to use all of my strenght, I managed to close the door without breaking anyone's finger. Then the driver drove off.

I swear, we created a horrible harmony when we all sighed in unison.

"Why the hell are they throwing?" Chenle asked no one in particular, looking at the things from the girls which formed a mountain. Cool.

"They hate us," Donghyuck shakes his head. I think I could agree with him for the first time.

"Or... Maybe they thought this is a garbage truck?" Jisung grinned.

Only Chenle and Mark hyung laughed at his joke. It's all good. We still can accept the joke but-

"Or a firetruck," he added.

What the heck, Jisung Park?! He made it worse. It doesn't even relate to the situation.

"These are presents from them," Jeno said and picked up a toy hammer from the pile of pure random stuff.

"Or maybe.... they hate us," Donghyuck repeated. Ugh.

When will we have a serious conversation?