12゚

C h a p t e r 12:
Sleepwalk

「 Jaemin 」

Most nights are killing me. I've been suffering from insomnia since last year.

I sometimes wish there are no nights but only days. These darkneds which they call 'sleeping time' don't really sound right for me. They're no of use to people who have troubles in trying to get enough eight hours sleep.

But since I can do nothing about it, I better get started on things I usually do whenever this illness strikes which of course, keeps coming to me every sleepless night.

I sat up on my bed and turned on my bedside lamp. A slight headache came splitting my head in two, maybe because I've been forcing myself to sleep, laying down for three hours straight.

I was about to hop off from the bed when a weight on my lap was keeping me down. I rubbed my eyes only to see Ramyeon sleeping on top of me.

Aigoo, she's so cute! I want to take a picture of her!

But I remembered that I charged my phone downstairs. Bad luck.

After examining her, petting her as she sleeps continuosly and mentally listing her every cute features, I finally moved her so I can get up.

Next, I went downstairs as quiet as I could to begin my routine. Nobody wants to wake up Donghyuck, Chenle, and especially Taeyong hyung - I know he's spending the night here.

The kitchen lights are already lit up when my feet reached the last three steps of the stairs. It got me puzzled. Did they forgot to kill the lights off? Or is it someone who's still awake?

Slowly, I sneaked and took a glance inside. But...

"Mark hyung..." a sigh erupted from my lips.

He's sleeping on top of the island counter. I mean, he's fricking sleeping on top of the island counter!

This is the result of all the stress, pressure, and burden that are placed upon him. He sleepwalks.

I poked his cheek, trying to wake him up. But he seems to be having a good dream for not allowing me to bother his sleep.

I shook his shoulders, not giving in.

"Hyung. Hyung. Mark hyung."

Is he really not going to wake up? What to do? Should I pour water on his--- I shall not. Ever. Who knows what he might do to me? And to mention, knives are located nearby- just kidding.....or half not.

But who turned on the lights by the way? Mark hyung doesn't turn on the lights when he sleepwalks. Someone else did, I think.

I'm not really sure what I got myself into with hyung, but I had felt goosebumps just now. The digital wall clock at my right shows 2:59 am, which made me even more anxious.

"Hyung, wake up," I attempted again, giving his shoulders multiple strong pats.

Thankfully, he made a groaning sound which only means he's finally waking up. Not really waking up though, just having a little consciousness.

"Min... Jae.. hmm.." he mumbled under his breath so low that I couldn't get anything he was saying.

But he gets off the island counter eventually and started having a hard time to walk straight. As if he's drunk. He's probably heading back to his room.

How exhausted he must be, he even jumbled the syllables of my name.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Holy shi- izballs. I didn't curse, okay? But seriously, what if...

What if it's not just my name?

Min and Jae. Jae and Min.

Min... Minsoo, the girl?