Tears {1}

"GET OUT! GET OUT AND NEVER COME BACK!"

I ran out of the house crying, dragging my suitcase behind me. I unlocked my blue Carolla and opened the driver's side door. I threw my suitcase and my book bag in the back seat. I started my car and drove off. I just drove, trying to keep my eyes clear of tears. I didn't know where I would go or where I would stay until I could find an apartment. I still tried to keep my eyes clear but they were filled with tears. I pulled over into a gas station and called the first person that came to mind.

"What's up?" an enthusiastic voice answered.

"Colby." I responded quietly, my voice shaking.

"Megan what's wrong? What happened? Are you okay?"

"I..I..."

I broke down crying. I couldn't handle the pain anymore. I sat in my car sobbing.

"Megan what's going on? Where are you?" Colby said frantically

I took a deep breath and composed myself. I wiped the tears away.

"Can I stay with you tonight?" I asked shakily.

"Where are you? Sam and I will come and get you." Colby said.

I could hear keys jingling in the background.

"I'm at the BP in downtown." I said, sniffling.

"Okay. We'll be there in about 10 minutes."

"Thank you."

"I love you."

"I love you too."

I hung up. I pulled into a parking space in the gas station and waited. Soon, Colby and Sam pulled up next to my car in Sam's bright white car. Colby got out of the passenger side of the car and opened my driver side door. I jumped over the middle console and sat down in the passenger seat. He closed the door and pulled out of the parking space. Sam pulled out after us. We started towards his house.The car ride was silent for a good 5 minutes. Then, Colby finally spoke.

"What's going on?"

"It's nothing. Don't worry about it." I said, looking out the window.

"Megan, what happened?"

I hesitated before saying,

"My parents and I got in another fight."

"About what?"

"It's just the usual." I said, choking back tears.

"Did they-" Colby stopped.

I knew exactly what he was talking about. I looked down.

"Almost." I said quietly.

There was silence throughout the car. All I could hear was the sound of tires on the pavement. I could tell Colby was angry. I didn't say a word the rest of the car ride.

When we pulled up to Colby's house, two of his roommates were standing outside. Almost like they were waiting for us to come home. Colby pulled into a parking space and parked my car. I got out and got my suitcase and bag out from the back of my car. I walked past his roommates and went straight upstairs to Colby's room in silence. I put my suitcase and bag in the back right corner of the room. I sat on the bed and put my head in my hands. I could hear Colby's roommates asking about me. I lifted my head and knelt down next to my suitcase. I unzipped it and pulled out a red, oversized hoodie. I slipped it on and zipped up my suitcase. I turned back towards the bed. It was a mess, to match the rest of his room. I sighed and started picking up his room.

After about an hour and a half, Colby's room was cleaned up. I sat down on the bed and laid back. I laid on my side, facing away from the door. I closed my eyes and before I knew it, I was asleep.

Colby POV
All of the roommates were concerned by now. It had been about 2 hours and the door to my bedroom was still closed.

"Shouldn't we go check on her?" Aaron asked

"I haven't heard anything for a while now." Corey said with a worried tone.

"I can go up there if you want." Devyn said with her quiet voice.

The room was silent. They were all silent. I knew she needed some time to by herself but I wanted to be up there to comfort her.

"I'll go." I said

"Do you want one of us to go with you?" Sam asked worriedly

I hesitated.

"Sure. Why not?" I said.

Sam and I walked up the stairs. I stopped at the end of the hallway to see if I could hear noises from my room. There was nothing. I walked toward my room. Once I got to the door, I slowly turned the knob and opened the door. I saw Megan laying on the bed, her back to the wall. I walked in and sat down on the bed. Her breathing was normal.

"What happened?" Sam asked quietly

"Nothing." I responded quietly.

I knew she only told two people. It was a sensitive topic. I knew she was scared. I felt bad that there wasn't anything I could do for her. Suddenly, Megan started shifting her sleeping position. Her breathing started getting heavier. Sam and I looked at each other with the same concerned look. I got up and moved to the foot of the bed, just below where she was laying. She moved around as if she was trying to get away from something.

Or someone.

I put my hand on her calf. I looked up at her face. Her eyes were still closed. Suddenly, she sat up, her breathing heavy. I launched at her and embraced her. At first she pushed me away, but she soon realized it was me and she let me embrace her. She cried into my chest. I ran my fingers over her long blonde hair. Her body trembled and her hands shakily gripped my shirt. I looked up at Sam. He had a look of concern and confusion. After a few moments, her breathing started to even out a little bit.

Then, she whispered into my shirt,

"I can't do this anymore."