Secrets and Talents {10}

"What do you mean that's not even the worst?" Colby said, his voice filling with concern.

A tear slipped out onto my cheek.

"Nothing. It's nothing. Just forget I said anything." I shot back, immediately regretting saying anything.

"Megan, what did they do to you?"

"My parents used to beat me." I whispered, hoping he wouldn't hear me.

He pulled over onto the side of the road and looked at me.

"Why didn't you tell me before?" Colby asked aggressively.

"I didn't want you to worry." I whispered, my voice trembling.

"Why would they beat you?" Colby asked, more anger creeping into his voice.

"I was an accident. My mother tried to kill me several times while I was unborn. She told me that the beatings were punishment. I couldn't figure out why she was beating me or what I did wrong to deserve this." I explained, my voice breaking and more tears falling down my cheeks.

Colby stared out into space in shock. He pulled back onto the road and started driving again. He didn't say a word. He only extended his hand, reaching for mine. I gave him my hand and he squeezed it.

"I'm so sorry." He whispered after a while.

I dried my tears as we pulled into the driveway of our house. Colby parked the car and looked at me.

"I still have one more surprise." He said, "Hopefully it will lighten up this whole situation."

We got out of the car and walked upstairs to our room with our hands laced together. There was a small box on the desk that wasn't there before. Colby released my hand and walked over to the box. I froze in the doorway. Colby grabbed the box and opened it, revealing a gold ring with small golden roses beaded on it. I smiled.

"It's beautiful." I whispered.

Colby took the ring out, grabbed my right hand, and carefully slipped the ring onto my ring finger. I hugged him tightly.

"Thank you."

Colby smiled at me. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he wrapped his around my waist. I stood up on my toes and leaned towards him. He got the message and leaned towards me. He kissed me gently. We pulled away from each other and giggled softly.

"I love you." Colby whispered.

"I love you more." I whispered back.

We let go of each other and got changed into our pajamas. Colby climbed into bed and waited while I took off my makeup. After my makeup was all off, I climbed into bed next to Colby. He kissed my forehead and I leaned into him, closing my heavy eyes.

2 Weeks Later
Colby was sitting at the desk editing a video for his channel. I grabbed my purse and phone.

"You want anything from Target?" I asked.

"No. I'm good. Thank you."

"Okay. I'll be back." I replied before kissing Colby on the cheek.

"Bye." Colby said.

I walked out of the room and out to my car. After a few minutes, I parked and went into the store to get what I needed. Once I have everything, I paid for my items and took the bags to my car. I loaded my car quickly, putting the plastic shopping bags in my trunk. I drove home and parked in my spot before grabbing my bags and walking inside. I walked into the kitchen and set the bags, my purse, and keys on the counter. I walked up the stairs and froze at what I heard. Giggling coming from my room. One high pitched giggle and a lower pitched giggle. I stormed towards my room and heard shushing coming from inside. I swung the door open and gasped. I saw a shirtless Colby and Devyn under the blankets.