Don't {3}

Elton and I rushed down to urgent care. The nurse on duty led us to a bed. When we got to the bed, I saw her, laying on her side. A nurse was holding a blood stained cloth to her head. There was a doctor preparing stitching. The nurse turned to us, still holding the cloth to Megan's head.

"Are you family?" She said.

"I'm her boyfriend." I said, hoping she'd let me stay.

"You have to wait outside. I'm sorry we can only have immediate family in here. I don't know why you were allowed down here."

I walked out of the room. Elton and I walked into the parking lot where Katrina was holding Sam in her arms, Devyn was pacing, and Corey was trying to comfort Sam. When Sam saw me, he broke free from Kat's grasp.

"I'm so sorry Colby. I shouldn't have told her to do it." Sam said, tears rolling down his face.

"Sam, you couldn't have done anything to prevent it. All of us were telling her to do it." I said.

"What if she doesn't make it?" Sam asked.

"Don't think like that Sam." Elton said.

We walked into the waiting room and sat down. Devyn sat on Corey's lap, her head resting on his. Sam held his head in his hands while Kat comforted him. I sat in a chair staring off, holding back tears. Sam had a point. What if she didn't make it? I looked down at my blood stained hand. The tears were welling up in my eyes. I clamped my hand into a fist. Devyn put a comforting hand on my shoulder.

"She'll be okay."

"Yeah."

Megan POV
I came to in a white room. The bright white lights hurt my eyes. I squeezed my eyes shut and groaned. I could feel something in my left arm. My head hurt like hell. I lifted my right hand and covered my eyes to block out some of the light.

"Hey sweetheart. Can you tell me your name?" A soft voice said.

"Where's Colby?" I asked worriedly.

"Can you tell me your name first? I'll find him." The soft voice said.

"Megan Forbes." I groaned.

"Okay. There is a group of people waiting out there for you. Is there anyone in particular you want to see first?" The voice asked.

"Colby. And can you turn the lights down a little?" I asked, still covering my eyes.

"Sure." The voice said.

Suddenly, the lights dimmed to a very soft glow. I uncovered my eyes and opened them. It only took me a second to get used to the light. After about five minutes, the door to my room opened. Colby and a nurse walked into the room. The nurse shut the door behind her and Colby came over to me and sat in the chair to the left of my bed.

"I'll get the doctor to come in here and tell you everything." The nurse said.

"Thank you." I said quietly.

"How are you feeling?" Colby asked.

"I've been better. What happened?"

"You blacked out. We're pretty sure you hit your head on the ramp."

He grabbed my left hand. His eyes welled up with tears. I looked down at his one hand. It was covered in blood.

"Is that your blood?" I asked worriedly.

He looked down at his hand and trembled.

"It's yours." He said quietly.

I released my left hand from his grasp and cupped his face.

"It's okay. I'm okay." I said gently.

I let him grasp my hand again. Then, the doctor walked in.

"Hello. I'm Doctor James." He said extending his hand.

Colby let go of my hand for a few seconds to shake Doctor James'.

"So she does have a minor concussion and seven stitches in the back of her head. You will have to watch her for the next few weeks. Watch for headaches, dizziness, nausea, lack of coordination, and ringing in the ears. Also try to keep the lights off or dimmed in whatever room she's in." Doctor James said, "We do want to keep her overnight just to monitor her."

"How long will the stitches be in?" Colby asked.

"She should only have them in for four to five days. For that duration, no hair washing." Doctor James said.

"Can I stay overnight with her?" Colby asked, his voice shaking a little bit.

"Sure. But just you. No one else." Doctor James said.

"Thank you Doctor." Colby said.

Doctor James walked out of the room. Colby turned his attention back to me.

"Sam is an absolute wreck. He feels guilty for suggesting you do a backflip." Colby said, holding my hand again.

"I want to see him." I said quietly.

"Anyone else?" Colby asked quietly.

"Kat." I whispered.

"Okay. I'll be right back." Colby said before kissing my hand.

He stood up and left the room quietly. The nurse walked back into the room.

"Can you turn the lights off?" I asked.

"Sure hun." The nurse said.

She walked over to the light switch and flipped it down, turning the lights off. She walked over to my monitors. She wrote something on her clipboard and walked out. A few minutes later, Colby, Kat, and Sam walked into the room. Colby closed to door behind Sam. I couldn't see his facial expressions. Kat walked over to me.

"Hey." Kat whispered.

I could see Sam quietly and slowly walking up behind Kat.

"Sam." I croaked.

Sam slowly walked out from behind Kat. I could finally see his face. His face was tear stained. I reached my hand out. He grabbed it hesitantly.

"Sit." I croaked.

Sam sat down in the chair Colby was previously sitting in.

"I'm so sorry." Sam whispered, his voice breaking.

I could see a tear rolling down his face. I placed my thumb on his cheek, just under the tear, and wiped it away. I placed my left hand back on the bed.

"Don't be sorry. It's not your fault." I whispered.

"But you could've died!" Sam said loudly.

My right ear started throbbing and a dull ringing started. My right hand flew to my right ear and I winced.

"Are you okay?" Kat whispered.

A ringing in my ears got worse. It was loud and annoying. I heard muffled talking. I took my left hand and covered my other ear. I winced again. The ringing only got louder. I could hear a muffled beeping and more muffled talking. I saw Sam start crying again as Kat grabbed his arm and led him out of the room. Colby stared me in the eyes. Doctors were rushing into the room. Just before Colby left the room, he mouthed,

"I love you."