Accidents Happen {2}

Megan POV
Things slowly started to get better. Colby decided to let me stay in the house instead of making me worry about how I'm going to get an apartment with the money I don't have. Four days after I moved in, I was much more relaxed than I was that night I arrived. I was currently sitting on the couch with Colby as he played video games when Corey walked into the game room.

"Hey Colby, we have 6 tickets for the BMX park today but Aaron just said he can't come." Corey said before staring straight at me.

Corey gave me a death stare. I returned his stare for a few seconds before laughing.

"I'll do it." I said, sitting up.

Colby looked at me weird.

"What? You don't think I can do it?" I said with sass.

"Oohhhhh." Corey shouted.

"Have you ever done any BMX before?" Colby asked.

"No but how hard could it be?" I said.

"Let's go then!" Corey said before running upstairs.

Colby turned off the game console and we went up to his room. Colby grabbed his camera and put on his shoes. I grabbed a pair of black Nike Elites, put them on my feet, and pulled my hair up into a ponytail. I stuck my phone in the back pocket of my shorts and went downstairs with Colby. We waited for the rest of the roommates before heading to the park in our separate cars. I rode with Colby. While we were in the car, we listened to the radio. One of his hands was on the wheel and the other was holding mine. We pulled up to park, parked the car and went to go get our bikes and helmets.

"Who's going first?" Sam asked after all of us were at the ramps.

"Nose goes!" Corey shouted.

My finger flew up and pressed down on the tip of my nose. Colby was the last one. He sighed and handed me his camera as the rest of the boys laughed. I turned it on and just started recording. He tried to do a 360 on his first try but hit the huge stunt mattress that started just after the ramps. Colby ended up trying and failing multiple times at a 360.

After a while, everyone had gone but me. Honestly, I was terrified. The last time I did any type of stunt, I made a fool out of myself.

"Come on Megan. You got this. I did it just fine." Devyn said, trying to cheer me up a little bit.

"I got this." I muttered to myself.

I gave my phone to Colby and he slipped it into his pocket. I wheeled my bike up to the top of the slope. It was a lot steeper from up here than down in the viewing area. I took a deep breath. I pedaled as fast as I could and flew off the ramp. I gripped onto the bike so hard my hands started to hurt. I started to tilt forward. I let go of the bike and rolled onto my back. I hit the stunt mattress hard, so hard it knocked the wind out of me. I laughed as I could faintly hear all of my new roommates laughing. I rolled off the mattress and grabbed my bike.

"That was awesome!" Sam shouted.

I went back up to the top of the hill. This time, I was a little more confident. I rode down and as I flew off the ramp, I gripped the handles, jumped off the bike for a quick second , jumped back onto the bike and landed perfectly into the mattress. I heard the chants and cheers of my roommates. I rolled off of the mattress and flipped a couple more 360s.

"Do a backflip!" Sam shouted.

"Backflip. Backflip!" The rest of the roommates shouted.

I went back up to the top of the hill. I stared down at the ramp. I laughed and started down the ramp. As I flew off the ramp, I knew something was wrong. I let go of the bike and flipped over in the air. I let out a terrified scream just before I blacked out.

Colby POV
Megan started down the ramp and was going super fast. I held the camera to keep her in the shot. She didn't have enough speed. After she went off the ramp, she let go of the bike. She was awfully close to the ramp. She flipped over in the air, let out a scream, and then just started to fall.

"MEGAN!!" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

I dropped my camera and sprinted towards the mattress.

"MEGAN!!" I screamed again.

I saw the indent in to mattress where she was. The bike rolled off the mattress. The workers were already trying to get her off the mattress and onto the ground. I rushed up to help her off. I gently picked up her head as we set her down on the ground. Her eyes were shut. I pulled off her helmet while they checked for a pulse in her neck.

"It's faint but it's there. Call 911 please." One if the workers said to the other.

They rolled her onto her side and felt the back of her head for any injuries. There was a small amount of blood on his hand when he pulled it away. They set her back down gently and the worker kept his right hand under her head.

My eyes started to well up with tears.

She can't leave me. Don't leave me.

I heard footsteps and looked over. Elton came running towards me, a medic behind him. I looked back at Megan. The medic knelt down beside me.

"What happened?" He asked.

"I think she hit her head on the ramp. I don't know. It happened so fast. She's got a weak pulse and she's been out for about a minute and a half." The worker said quickly.

"I'm going to have to ask you all to step away." He said sternly.

I backed away and let them work. They started with her head. An ambulance showed up. They pulled the stretcher out and put her on it.

"We are going to the hospital just a few blocks away." The medic said to Corey.

I grabbed my camera and went to my car.

"You are not driving." Elton said.

"I have to see her." I said forcely.

"NO! You are not. She needs you and you can't be with her if you get in an accident." Elton shouted.

"I won't get in an accident Elton! I know how to drive!"

"Right now, you're all over the place. She would not want you to drive like this so I won't let you drive like this."

I sighed in frustration, got into the passenger seat and Elton drove my car all the way to the hospital. Once we got to the hospital, I went up to the Nurse's station.

"I'm looking for a 20 year old girl who just came in with a head injury. Please tell me she's here." I said quickly.

"Can I have a full description?" The nurse said.

"Blonde hair down to the edge of her rib cage, blue eyes, 5'4", 20 years old." I said frantically.

The nurse picked up the office phone.

"Do we have a 20 year old girl with a head injury in the ER?" The nurse said into the phone.

There was a pause that seemed to last forever.

"Okay. She has family waiting for her can I send them down?"

Another pause.

"Okay."

She put the phone down.

"Follow the signs down to the ER wing, they'll take you from there."