Planning {8}

We walked into the free-running building and were immediately assigned a guide. Once we entered the free-running area, Elton stared recording. We walked over to a starters areas. There was a red foamy mat for the floor and different mats you could jump over or onto. We all gathered by the edge of the foam.

"Guys can I just say something before we start?" I asked.

Elton pointed his camera at me.

"I have a challenge." I said.

"Oh do you now?" Sam said, crossing his arms.

"Yes. I danced from the age of 4 till I was 18 and I choreograph dances all the time." I started.

"Cool. Cool." Sam said sarcastically, arms still crossed

"If someone can beat me in combinations once we get to the straight mat, I will let them pie me in the face or shoot me once with a paintball gun. If no one can beat me, I get to choose either a whole house prank or a single prank."

"Okay let's do this." Aaron said before dorkily running onto the foam mat.

We all laughed and walked onto the mat. We all started with a simple jump over one of the mat blocks. Aaron almost made it, Sam made it, Elton almost hit the wall and then Colby barely made it. When it was my turn, I jogged up to 10 feet away from the mat before I jumped. I landed almost perfectly. After we did that a few times, our guide pulled out another block and set it 5 feet away from the first block.

"Try not to knock over either of them." He said.

I went first. I ran up and jumped 5 feet away from the new block. I used my prior knowledge of ballet to land perfectly on the landing mat. I stepped off the mat. The guide came up to me.

"Did you work at a freerunning place before?" He asked.

"No. I've been dancing for the last fourteen years." I said.

"Makes sense."

I walked over to Colby. We did a few more things on the foam mat before moving to other obstacles and courses. I started to get light headed when we got over to the 4th course. There was a small wall bordering the course. Everyone else was focusing on Elton trying to make it through the course. I walked over to the wall and sat down against it. Colby noticed that I was no longer beside him, walked over to me, and knelt down in front of me.

"You okay?"

Elton, Aaron, Sam and our guide started running toward me.

"Yeah. Just a little lightheaded." I said quietly.

The guide knelt next to Colby.

"Everything okay?" He asked.

"Yeah. I'm just a little lightheaded." I said.

"Okay. Just take it easy." Our guide said.

Our guide stood up. Colby stood up and helped me up. My head rushed. I grabbed tightly onto Colby's arm with my left hand. I waited for my head to stop spinning. After it stopped spinning, I released my grip on Colby's arm.

"I don't think you should go on." Colby said.

"But I don't want to hold you back." I said.

"She could film for us." Elton suggested.

I agreed, walked over to Elton and took his camera from him.

I filmed for the entire hour and a half we were there. Once we were done, I handed Elton his camera back. Colby and I walked back out to his car and got in.

"Are you feeling better?" Colby asked.

"Yeah. I don't know what it was." I said.

"Just let me know if it happens again. ."

Colby started the car and we drove off. After a while, we reached the house. We walked up to our bedroom and sat down on the couch. We cuddled up and enjoyed each other's company. I scrolled through twitter, showing Colby funny ones when I came across them. After a while, I  looked over at the clock. 11:24. I got up from the couch, changed my clothes in the closet, and laid down on the bed. I felt extremely exhausted, even though I hardly did anything. My eyes got heavy and I gave in, letting myself slip into a deep sleep.

Colby PoV
Megan had gotten up from beside me and laid on the bed a few minutes ago. I looked over to see that she was fast asleep. I walked to my desk, grabbed my laptop, and returned to my seat on the couch. When I opened my laptop, all of my plans came up.

Megan's birthday was in a few days and the whole house was planning on throwing her a surprise party. I had rented a beach house on Long Beach for the day. She loved the beach so I figured it would be perfect. I clicked a few buttons and ordered her birthday present.

Then Sam walked into the room. He glanced at Megan, then at me.

"I'm going to get food. You want something?" He asked quietly.

"No. It's fine. I'll just make something when she wakes up." I whispered.

Sam nodded and walked out of the room. I closed my laptop and returned it to my desk. I walked out of the room, quietly closing the door behind me. I walked downstairs to find almost everybody was in the game room.

"Hey." Corey said, still focused on the game he was playing.

"So I have all the arrangements made." I said quietly.

"For what?" Aaron asked.

"Megan's surprise party." I said quietly.

"Who's all coming?" Elton asked.

"I invited Jay, Fitz, Todd, Scotty, Heath, David, Liza, Kat, Amanda, and everyone in the house." I said quietly.

"15 people? That's it?" Aaron said with a confused tone.

"I didn't know who else to invite." I said quietly.

"Are we hosting it here?" Devyn asked.

"No. I rented a beach house down in Long Beach for the day." I said quietly.

"You didn't." Corey said, finally pausing the game that he, Elton, and Aaron were playing.

"Yeah. Just wait until you see what I got her." I whispered.

"This is going to be good." Corey said.

We all laughed.