Gone? {6}

4 Months Later (Megan PoV)
I drove into my parking spot. I got out and locked my car. I walked up to the front door and opened it. I closed it behind me before hanging my keys on my hook. I was exhausted. It was eight pm and I had been working since nine that morning. I walked upstairs and went straight for my room. I put my purse down over on the left side of the bed. I wondered where Colby was. He usually greeted me when I came home. I walked out of my bedroom and went over to the office. Colby wasn't there. I walked out of the office and went over to Sam's room. I knocked on his closed door.

"Come in." Sam said.

I opened the door. Sam was sitting at his desk on his laptop.

"Have you seen Colby?" I asked.

"He was in your room last time I saw him." Sam said.

I sighed.

"Was he not downstairs when you came home?"

"No. He usually comes to say hi when I get home but he didn't."

Sam looked at me with a concerned look. He closed his laptop and stood up. Sam walked over to me. We walked down the hall and into the open area near the stairs and walked over to the hallway on the opposite side of ours. We knocked on Aaron's door.

"Come in." Aaron said.

I opened the door. Aaron was on his bed playing with Buddy, his puppy.

"Have you seen Colby?" I asked.

"No. I thought he was downstairs waiting for you to get home." Aaron replied, looking at me with a weird look.

I sighed and walked into Elton's room, just across the hall. Elton was relaxing on his bed, looking down at his phone.

"Have you seen Colby?" I asked, my voice shaking.

"No." Elton said, getting off his bed.

I let out a shaky breath. My hands started shaking. Sam put his hand on my shoulder.

"You okay?" Sam asked.

I looked back at Sam. I heard Elton's bed shift and then footsteps coming towards me. I took a deep breath.

"Let just ask Corey." I said.

We all walked over to Corey's room. His doors were closed. I knocked on the door.

"Come in." Corey shouted.

I opened the door and went inside. I walked down his small hallway and into his bedroom. He was sitting on his bed.

"Have you seen Colby?" I asked.

"Last I saw, he was in the office." Corey said.

"Please tell me this is a joke." I sighed, my voice shaking.

Corey stood up as tears welled up in my eyes.

"Let just spread out and look for him." Corey said, "Devyn, Aaron, and I can look up here. You, Sam, and Elton can take downstairs."

Devyn came out of the bathroom. She looked at me and then at Corey. I pushed past Sam and Elton and walked out of the room. Sam and Elton followed behind. I rushed down the stairs. Sam went into the living room and Elton went into the movie room. I walked into the kitchen. He wasn't there. I went into the game room. He wasn't there. I walked into the laundry room. No Colby. I walked back into the main hallway.

"Did you find him?" I asked Sam.

Sam looked at me. Elton walked out of the movie room.

"No Colby here." Elton said.

"He's not in here either." Sam said.

I took a deep breath. I opened the back door and went outside.

--
We had been looking for Colby for over an hour. We couldn't find him. I was starting to lose control. All of us were outside in front of the house. Elton was recording just in case something happened so we had something for the police.

"I don't know where else he could be." Aaron said.

"His car is here so he couldn't have gone far." Elton said.

"What do I do?" I asked, my hands shaking and tears beginning to roll down my cheeks. "Do I call the police?"

"You can't. You have to wait at least twenty-four hours." Sam said.

I felt more tears roll down my cheeks.

"Please tell me this a prank." I said, my voice shaking. "Please, someone tell me this is a prank."

"I wish I could." Corey said.

I took a deep breath in and shakily let it out.

"Colby!" I shouted  at the top of my lungs, my voice cracking.

I broke down. I couldn't handle it anymore. What if he had been kidnapped or worse? I felt tears stream down my face. Aaron walked over to me and put his hand on my shoulder.

"COLBY!" Sam screamed.

"Colby!" Corey yelled.

"It's going to be okay." Aaron said gently.

"I'm going to call the cops." I said pulling out my phone.

"You can't. You have to wait twenty-four hours." Elton said.

I felt more tears roll down my cheeks. My heart was racing and I started to breath heavily. Corey and Sam came back, through the gate, to our driveway.

"FaceTime him." Devyn said.

I took my shaky hand and FaceTimed him. It rang twice. Someone picked up and then immediately hung up.

"Did you see that??" I shouted, my voice cracking.

My heart began hammering in my chest.

"See what?" Elton said, pointing the camera at me.

"He answered but then he ended it." I said.

I called him again. This time no answer. I put my phone in my back pocket.

"What the f***." I shouted.

"Let's check the house again." Aaron said.

I nodded my head. My heart was racing. My hands were shaking. I walked up to the front door and opened it. I went inside. I walked halfway up the stairs and I couldn't hold back. I broke down. What if something bad had happened to him? What if he was gone? Tears were streaming down my face again. Sam came up to me. He wrapped his hand gently around my arm.

"Come on. We'll check the upstairs." Sam said.

I took a deep breath. Sam and I walked upstairs. We looked everywhere. He was nowhere to be found. We went back downstairs. I stood in the main hallway. I took a shaky deep breath. I heard footsteps upstairs. Aaron looked at me.

"Who's upstairs?" He asked.

I heard Circa start barking. I ran up the stairs and stopped at the the landing halfway up. My eyes filled with tears. I sunk down to my knees and covered my mouth with my hands.