Chapter 1

Veronica's POV

"Miss?" I felt someone shake my shoulder gently, bringing me out of my short nap. "The plane is landing."

I nodded my head at the flight attendant and smiled slightly, sitting up right. I grabbed my bag that slid under the seat, and sat it on my lap. Once a few bumps and obvious turns arrived, I started twirling the string attached to the zipper out of anxiety, making myself more nervous once the plane hit the cement.

Well, here goes nothing.

Once the plane came to a complete stop and after a few minutes of sitting in an uncomfortable silence, the plane doors opened and the attendant motioned for us to start exiting. I waited for a few passengers to exit before standing up and putting on my backpack. The person behind me stopped at my seat and indicated for me to go in front of them.

"Thank you," I stated quietly, tucking a piece of my light brown hair behind my ear and flipping the overhead open. I grabbed a hold of the handle of my suitcase and jerked it forward, but the suitcase held a grudge and stayed put. I yanked on it a couple more times, but the suitcase didn't move.

"Would you like me to help you?" The man that stopped for me asked, stepping forward as a friendly gesture.

"Could you please?" I stepped out of the way and watched as the man easily lifted the suitcase out and onto the floor.

Oh jeez, this is embarrassing.

I could feel my face start to grow red as I extended the handle, "Thank you so much."

"No problem, hun."

I nodded at him one more time, making the situation a bit more awkward than it should have originally been, and shakily stepped forward. As I finally exited the stuffy plane and entered the airport, I stopped for a second to wipe my now sweating hands on my light blue jeans, before continuing to my destination.

I hopped onto the escalator that was going down, setting my suitcase to the side, and tapped my fingers on the handle.

"Don't be nervous, Veronica," I whispered to myself. "This all happened for a reason."

But something in the back of my head was telling me that the boys wouldn't like me.

Once I arrived on the first floor, I walked to one of the side walls and stopped, looking at my surroundings. I clearly remember my mom telling me that the boys provided me with a ride, and that I should look for a guy in a black suit who's holding a sign with my name on it.

It took me a couple minutes to find the middle aged man holding a sign with "Veronica," written a tad bit too small, must I say, on it. After taking a deep breath, I walked towards the man and stopped in front of him.

"Veronica?"

"That's me!" I smiled slightly, shrugging my shoulders.

"Perfect, I'm Scott. Would you like me to take this from you?" Scott indicated towards my suitcase, and I nodded, holding the handle out to him. Once he took the suitcase out of my possession, Scott nodded towards the exit. "The limo is waiting right outside."

Limo?

I nodded and followed him out, making sure not to get separated.

Scott held the door open for me and pointed towards the stretched out vehicle sitting right in front of us, "Would you like the suitcase in the back with you or in the trunk?"

"With me, please."

Scott nodded and walked to the back door, pulling it open for me.

"Thank you," I smiled once I was buckled in with my suitcase to my side.

"No problem, darling."

Maybe this won't be so bad.

____

"We're here," Scott yelled back at me, bringing the limo to a stop. I nodded and looked out the window, my eyes widening as every second passed by.

Oh my word.

I directed my attention away from the scenery outside for a second to unbuckle myself, and grab my suitcase before opening the door and stepping into the unfamiliar Australian warmth.

"I was told to tell you to go to the main cabin to check in, get your assigned cabin, and to go over the basics."

I nodded before quickly waving a goodbye, and started my way on the rocky trail which led towards the entrance and cabins.

Once I arrived at the entrance, I stopped and examined the wooden sign.

"Camp Hi or Hey," I laughed slightly and shook my head, not even surprised they named the camp this.

Once I pulled myself together, I walked through the wooden sticks that stuck out from the ground to form a doorway, and toward the small cabins. Once I stopped in front of the first cabin which had a sign with "Main Cabin" written on it which hung from the roof, I took a deep breath before pulling open the screen door which made a bell ring.

"Hello?" I asked, looking around for someone.

There was a moment of silence before a small lady came out from a back room, smiling.

"Good afternoon, darling!" I smiled lightly and nodded towards her. "What's your name?"

"I'm sorry, that was rude of me. I'm Veronica Sanders."

The small lady nodded, typing quickly into the small computer that was sat in the corner of her desk. "Veronica," she muttered to herself, scanning the computer screen with her eyes. "Ah, Veronica. You will be staying in Cabin B! Only a few girls have arrived, but that just gives you an advantage on which bunk you want to sleep in."

I nodded, agreeing with her completely.

"Tonight there will be the opening bonfire where the boys will be making their first appearance and that's where you will find out who your team captain is. You'll be spending loads of time with your captain, by the way. Luke, Ashton, Michael, and Calum will all be staying in a separate cabin together by the lake, but they will also be hanging out in your cabins too so make sure to keep it clean."

"Of course," I agreed. "Is that all?"

"Yes, ma'am. Welcome to Camp Hi or Hey! 5 Seconds of Summer are absolutely delighted to have you here."

"Well I'm absolutely delighted to be given this chance to come!"

And with that, I left the main cabin and walked deeper into the place I'll be calling home for the next two and half months.

_________

Hey, guys! This is my new project that I'll be putting on hold for the time being. I just wanted to upload this chapter to see if you guys like it and if I should keep going! This'll be a Luke Hemmings love story by the way.

Please vote and comment!

If this gets 100 votes, I'll upload the next chapter immediately but if you don't, I'll just wait till I write more chapters to upload the next one!

Please tell me what you think of the beginning because I'm actually quite nervous!

Comments are very important to me because you guys can actually tell me what you think (duh I don't know why I just told you that).

Thank you and please tell your friends or anyone to check out this story!

Finally, the wonderful cover was made by @So_Happily. Thank you!