Chapter 7

It rained for the rest of the night, but we ended up running to the Cafeteria anyways, not wanting a repeat of how breakfast was distributed.

___

"Thank the Lord the rain finally stopped," Carla praised, raising her hands above her head and to the sky. I nodded, agreeing with her.

I kicked a lone pebble off the path and onto the flooded grass due to the storm. I repeated my action, kicking the rocks onto the grass and watching them sink down.

Once we passed the woods and the opening started to widen, Carla and I spotted Calum leaning against one of the wooden fence posts. I furrowed my eyebrows and tapped Carla, confused. I watched as she shrugged her shoulders before nodding her head toward him, indicating me to walk towards him.

Once we changed our paths and stopped in front of him, making him look up, "Oh, hey!"

We greeted him back and took copied his actions, leaning against the fence next to him.

"We have a team meeting today so we can discuss the challenge coming up," Calum informed us, twiddling his thumbs. "It'll just be in Cabin B after dinner."

Both Carla and I nodded, lifting ourselves off the fence. I pursed my lips for a second before asking, "What's the challenge this week?"

Calum looked up and laughed, shaking his head, "I can't tell you! You'll just have to wait and see."

I stared at him for a moment before shaking my head and starting to walk away, making him laugh. Calum's laughing started to fade as I came closer and closer to the Lake. Carla and I weren't intending on jumping in or swimming, we just wanted to dip our feet in for a bit. Being cooped up in the cabin yesterday was indeed fun, but all of the sitting cramped me up a bit.

Once we arrived to the lake, I slipped my flip flops off and sat them at the beginning of the deck before walking further down. I dipped my feet in, letting the water go up to a little bit before my knees, and shivered.

The water wasn't too cold, but it sure was chilly.

__________

After dinner, Carla, Pauline, and I left the cafeteria and started our way back to our cabin, remembering that Calum ordered a team meeting.

"What do you think is the challenge this week?" Pauline wondered before turning to me for an answer.

"I have no clue, probably a team activity that gets us working together," I guessed, shrugging my shoulders.

I have absolutely no clue.

"I thought rock climbing was going to be last week's challenge, but they shocked me with the course so I really can't predict what it'll be," I added.

"True," Carla agreed with me before digging her hands into her pockets. "The course completely caught me off guard."

We walked the rest of the path in a comfortable silence, but warning one another when an upcoming puddle, that was created yesterday during the storm, was coming.

We soon departed out of the woods and rushed up to Cabin B, opening the screen door to see only a few girls lingering around.

Phew, at least we aren't late this time.

About ten to fifteen minutes passed by before Calum made an appearance, instructing everyone to get in a circle like he did yesterday.

Once we were all situated and giving him our full attention, he clapped his hands and stood up. "So we've got a challenge in two days," Calum started off, eyeing us. Everyone nodded, listening further. "For this particular challenge, there will be three games because it's two on two." I was one of the few who nodded their heads this time while some of the girls furrowed their eyebrows, not understanding.