Chapter 8

Veronica's POV

~a few days later~

"Guess what day it is?" I jumped back a little and grabbed my heart as Calum bursted into our cabin, scaring the absolute shit out of me.

I looked around the cabin to see the others girls doing the absolute same, just as confused as I was.

"Game day!" He answered for us, lifting his arms in the air. Once he brought his arms down, he handed each of us a purple bandana. "Purple is our color this week so make sure you wear this. We'll be meeting at the front entrance of the camp so I can lead you all out to our home base."

Once Calum left the cabin, I turned back to my bunk and opened up my drawers. I slipped on a pair of black athletic shorts and our Cabin B team shirt that Calum distributed to us before our first challenge. Next, I pulled my hair up into a pony tail and wrapped the bandana around my head just like I did for the first challenge.

Once I tied the ends together, I turned to Carla, "Does it look okay?" I patted the bandana down, making sure there was no bumps visible.

"Yeah, that actually does look good," she nodded, examining it a bit more. "Can you do that for me?"

After I showed her how to wrap it around her head, she thanked me before leaving to change.

As I was waiting for her, I sat down on my mattress and thought about the last time I played Capture the Flag. It wasn't too long ago, possibly half a year or so. In gym, we'd play a few games in the short forty-five minute range but it was still fun.

"You ready?" Carla asked, hopping down from her mattress. I nodded once before lifting myself up and heading towards the door.

As we walked towards the path, I noticed that the grass was completely dry and that there were no puddles in sight.

I smiled to myself, mentally thanking the sun because Capture the Flag would have been a huge mess with dirt and water covering everything.

Carla and I walked down the path in a comfortable silence until we came to the entrance of the camp, right before the Main Cabin. We spotted a few girls surrounding Calum before joining them and tuning into what Calum was saying.

"The course is huge," he admitted, scrunching his nose. "Like the whole camp is involved."

"And we don't know where the other team's flag is?" Morgan questioned, resting one of her hands on her hip.

"Nope, only the other team knows where it's at so we need to find a good hiding place for ours."

The rest of the time we waited for our other teammates to show up, Calum continued to answer the little questions we had. Once everyone showed up, Calum leaded us out of the camp and towards the field where we'll meet Cabin D.

________________

"This is the line that seperates both team's boundaries so if you get tagged in the other team's side, you get put into jail," the man that spoke at the first challenge, in which I just found out that his name was Dave, explained.

As both my team and Cabin D nodded, Dave handed the red and blue flags to Calum and Ashton. I noticed my team walking to the front line to where Calum was so I just followed them.

"Whichever team finds the other team's flag first and successfully makes it back to their own team's side without being tapped and put in jail, wins," Dave finished, looking at both teams. "You guys ready to start?"

I nodded at Dave before scanning my eyes over Cabin D's team.

"Then begin!" Dave yelled, motioning for both teams to seperate and hide their flags. I quickly pushed myself away from the line and sprinted behind Calum.