Chapter 12

I felt my heart start to race as my teammates and I walked onto the court.

This is it.

This is my chance to finally get my revenge.

Cabin A was already on the back line, waiting for us. I immediately spotted Luke who had one leg bent and his arms holding him up, just like a sprinter in track.

Oh my sweet baby Jesus.

"Remember the plan?" Calum whispered to me, nudging my side with his elbow.

Aim for Luke and only Luke until he gets out.

"Oh, hell yeah," I whispered back as I squinted my eyes at Luke.

I don't care how attractive this boy may be, he's going down.

"I only told you about this plan so the others will take care of the rest of Cabin A," Calum said as he crouched down into the same position as Luke.

Oh sweet baby Jesus x2.

"Hey!" I heard from across the court, making me look up. Luke was glaring at Calum with a small pout on his face, "You can't copy me!"

Calum groaned before sassing back, "Watch me!"

Dave took this as the time to budge in, "Alright, alright, everyone settle down. There's no fighting in dodgeball."

"There's no copying in dodgeball either!"

"Luke, I swear to-" Calum started to say before Dave interrupted again.

"Okay, is everyone ready?" Everyone nodded as Luke and Calum gave him a thumbs up.

Everyone went silent, waiting patiently for the game to start.

I looked at every girl in Cabin A before resting my eyes on Luke who was already staring at me. He raised an eyebrow at me as I glared, putting myself in an appropriate mood for the game.

Revenge.

Sweet, sweet revenge.

It was then when Dave blew the whistle, making me snap out of my trance and lift myself forward. I pumped my arms as I sprinted as fast as I could to the middle line, and just like before, I pushed as many balls on my side as possible.

Success.

"She can't be allowed to do that, can she?" One of the girls yelled as every one of my teammates had at least one ball in their hand.

Dave waved her off as Pauline threw the first ball, hitting her target in the leg. I watched as the girl huffed and slammed the ball on the ground before walking to the side.

Sore losers never win.

I kept my eye on Luke as he ran around the court, but he didn't throw a single ball yet.

I jumped a little as I felt warm breath hit my ear, "I'll go on the left and you'll stay here on the right. Once I yell the code word, we both will fire the ball at him."

"What's the code word?" I wondered as I reflected a ball that was aimed at me. I looked behind me and saw a smirk on Calum's face.

"You'll know it once you hear it. Just listen closely for my voice," and with that, Calum ran to the opposite side of the court.

I walked a bit closer to the front as I kept my gaze on Luke. I made sure to listen closely, just like Calum said, but all I heard were whines and a few protests of the girls who got hit.

Four were out on Luke's side and three were out on mine.

"Dammit!" Carla yelled, handing her ball to one of the girls as she slowly walked to the side.

Make that four for both sides.

I took a quick glance at Calum who had a serious look on his face before turning back to Luke.

Any minute now, Cal.

I tossed the ball between my hands, trying to resist the urge to just pound Luke with it. As I was watching Luke, I noticed a girl sneaking up on me out of the corner of my eye. I waited a moment for her to build her confidence before watching her release the ball straight at my chest.

Perfect.

I quickly turned, gripping the ball I originally had in my left hand, and catching the girl's ball in my right. The look on the girl's face went from happy to shocked in a matter of seconds before she stomped her foot and walked to the side.

Like I said before, sore losers never win.

Once I had on a firm grip both of the red balls, I looked at Calum who still had a concentrated look on his face.

Dear, God, Cal!

Luke was wide open right now and he still hasn't yelled the code word.

As time went by, everyone started getting out which left Calum, me, and a girl named Sydney. Cabin A only had Luke and a small girl who looked scared shitless.

And Calum still hasn't yelled the code word.

I watched Luke grab a ball that was rolling by his feet and quickly whiped it at Calum, hitting him in the groin. Calum immediately dropped the ball he was holding and doubled over, groaining in pain.

"Luke," I heard Calum cough out as he rolled over, looking him in the eye. "I'm going to kill you."

A few girls started to laugh, but others, including me, looked at Calum sympathetcally.

That poor boy.

I cringed as I looked at Luke who now had a look of regret on his face.

I'll make him regret it.

I gripped the ball in my right hand tightly, training my eyes on Luke and only Luke. As I winded my arm back and got in my stance, a ball flew in front of me, hitting Sydney.

Well, damnit.

I quickly looked at the girl who threw the ball, and spotted her cheering and clapping her hands.

Oh, brother.

As Sydney was distracted high-fiving her teammates to the side, I gracefully threw the ball at her ankle, getting her out easily. She whipped around with a shocked face before, just live every one of her teammates, stomping her foot before taking a seat on the bench.

I think Luke purposely let me get Sydney out for being obnoxious because he had the perfect shot at me.

My eyes widened as I saw Luke staring at me with a smirk, drawing his arm back to throw the ball at me.

As Luke launched the ball directly at me, everything went slow motion. I could feel my heart picking up as the ball came closer and perfectly aimed at my chest.

But I won't let Luke win, not this time.

Everything happened so quickly—I used the call I was holding to deflect Luke's ball from hitting me and immediately launched my ball at Luke.

I could see Luke's smirk quickly turn to horror as my ball curved towards his ankles, way out of reach for him to catch.

And I directly hit him.

Game over, Luke Hemmings. I won this time.

____

Thought I'd release this for you guys!

I've gotten back into wattpad & 5SOS a little bit so maybe I'll post another chapter soon (;