Chapter 1

Previously on More Than Friends:

"Mrs Wentz. Congratulations. You are pregnant !" He exclaimed. Me and Pete exchanged looks. Pete began to cry. This was great news. Finally, something good was actually happening to me.

Now:

"I've booked you in for an ultrasound in 2 days." The doctor said. He handed us a slip of paper that had our appointment on.

"Thank you so much doctor." I said, standing up. I shook his hand and me and Pete left the doctors office. We didn't speak a word to each other until we got to the car. As soon as we got in, we started screaming in delight.

"I'm going to be a father !" Pete screamed, fist pumping into the air.

"Can we buy a pregnancy test ? Just to make sure its real ? It hasn't really sunk in yet?" I asked.

"I guess we could." Pete shrugged. He started the car and drove us to the local drugstore in town. He grabbed my hand as we walked in. Our faces were tear stained, so it looked like something terrible had happened. We walked over to the lady at the counter.

"Hello. Can I help you ?" She asked in a sickly way. She looked quite old. Skinny. Grey hair. Tonne of wrinkles.

"Can you point me in the direction of the pregnancy tests please ?" I asked.

"Certainly. They are just around that corner dear." She said, pointing towards a big stand.

"Thank you." I said. We walked over and grabbed 7 clear blue tests. We walked back over to the counter.

"Is that everything ?" The same lady asked.

"Yes. Er thank you." I said. She put them in a bag and I paid and left. I wanted to get out of there as quickly as possible. She seemed a bit strange.

"Ready to go home ?" Pete asked. Just then, his phone started buzzing and making noise. He answered it.

"Hey Brendon, what's up ?" He asked.

"Okay. I guess we could." He said. He held the phone to his hand.

"Brendon wants to know if we could come over." Pete said.

"I guess so. Couple I do the tests there ?" I asked. Pete nodded his head and put the phone back to his ear.

"Yeah. See you." He said, hanging up.

"Is Brendon okay ?" I asked, sounding pretty concerned.
"I don't know. He said he would explain when we got to his place." Pete said.

"So, you've met this girl and you want to go out with her but she has a boyfriend ?" I asked trying to understand. Brendon had met this girl called Sarah. He thought she was beautiful and perfect. He chatted to her on the tour bus but he wanted to kiss her so bad. In the end, he had to tell her too leave because he wanted to kiss her but he knew she had a boyfriend and he isn't that kind of person.

"To cut a long story short, yes." Brendon said, sadly. He seemed pretty beaten up by it. Pete put his arm around Brendon, comfortingly.

"From what you told us, she seems to like you." Pete said. He glanced in my direction and gave me an agree-with-me-or-else kind of look.

"Yeah. She'll probably be single soon." I said, feeling intimidated.

"See ? Ava agrees with me." Pete said. Brendon weakly smiled at us both.

"I'm going to the bathroom. I'll be right back." I said, getting up and walking to the bathroom. Thankfully, I had a lot to drink again so it was easy to pee. All I had to do, was pee on a stick and wait 10 minutes. But I had 7 tests to do. So, I took a urine sample tube and peed in that. I didn't even know why I had one to be honest. I dipped each test in the pee then I tipped it into the toilet bowl and flushed. I washed mg hands and waited. 10 minutes was a long time when you as waiting. I spent my time looking at the various pictures hung on Brendon's bathroom walls. After the 10 minutes was up, I quickly checked each test. They all had a blue cross on. I was pregnant. I was going to be a mom. Pete was going to be a dad. Joe, Marie, Andy, Patrick, Elisa, Brendon, Andrew and Hillary were going to become uncles and aunties. I walked out with all 7 tests in my hands.

"Pete." I said.

"Yeah. What's wrong ?" He asked.

"We are definitely going to be parents." I smiled.

"What ? Please don't joke about this." He said. I handed him a test. I also handed one to Brendon.

"Congratulations you guys !" Brendon said, jumping up from the couch and hugging us. Pete burst into tears.

"You must not tell anyone. Yet." Pete said.

"My lips. They are sealed." Brendon said, pulling an imaginary zip across his lips.

"We'd better go. Talk to you later." Pete said. We left. We got into the car and had a moment of silence between us.

"I can't believe it." Pete said.

"We're going to be parents." I said.

"I'm going to be a dad." Pete said.

"I'm going to be a mom." I said, daydreaming at the idea. The whole pregnancy and baby thing still hadn't sunk in.

"We are going to be the best parents ever." Pete said.

"Should we find out the gender ?" I asked.

"Yeah. We should." Pete said.

"Okay." I said. Pete started the car and drove home. We were silent the whole way home. When we got back home, Pete and I started discussing things about the baby.

"What will be the theme of their room ?"

"How will we announce the pregnancy ?"

"When will the baby shower be ?"

"Will we have a baby shower ?"

"What names are we thinking of ?"

"Boy or girl ?"

We had a long discussion. We decided to wait until the ultrasound until we decide anything. This was probably one of the best things that have ever happened to me. Finally, things were going right for us.

~1067 words. I felt like I rushed this chapter a bit. Oh well. Never mind. Sorry for the delay, I've been a bit I'll and its Easter and bleh. I'll try to update more. I'm not promising anything though. Stay Alive mini Wentzys. Again, thank you for all of your support in the last book~