Chapter 9

{Bronx looks scared. I feel bad for laughing. He looks like he's holding on for dear life.}

~Ava's POV~

We ran frantically through the hospital. Well, I tried to run. We made our way to the front desk.

"Peter Wentz." Pete panted.

"Immediate family only." She said, in a monotone voice.

"I'm his son and this is my wife and son." Pete said.

"No infants allowed on the ward." She said, not even looking up from the papers ion her desk.

"What why ?" I asked.

"It's the rules." She said.

"For god sake. I'm not going to leave my baby in the waiting area !" Pete said, starting to get annoyed.

"Fine. Just this once." She huffed.

"Thank you!" I said.

"Floor 4. Room 233." She said. We headed straight for the elevator. The doors were just closing when we got there. We pressed the call button as many times as we could but it went up. We waited for the lift to come back down when Bronx started to get fussy.

"Shh. We'll be there soon." I said. He sniffled and sat there awake. The lift finally arrived and we jumped in. Pete slammed his fist on to the 5th floor button and the elevator went up. We ran through the corridor, looking at each room number. 229. 230. 231. 232. 233. We looked through the window and saw Peter. Lying there with tubers in his arms, a mask on his face. He looked pale. We went in and Dale looked up and saw us. She let go of his hand and walked over to us.

"We got the first flight we could." I said.

"I'm sorry." Dale said.

"Don't apologize. It was all rushed. Thankfully Bronx didn't make a noise or fuss through the plane journey." I said. Pete had gone over to Peter.

"Hillary said she would be a little late because of work and Andrew is on his way." Dale said. She had tears on her eyes. I put Bronx in his seat and hugged her. She hugged back.

"He'll be fine." I said, reassuringly.

"The doctors don't think he will be." She sniffed.

"Trust me, he'll be fine." I said. We let go and Bronx started whining. I walked over to him and went into the bathroom. I gave him a feed and changed his diaper. I walked back into the main room. I saw Andrew had arrived.

"Hey." I said.

"Hi." He said.

"Have you texted the boys ?" I asked, turning to Pete. He looked at me and shook his head. I went over to him and he had tears in his eyes. I sat down on the chair next to him.

"He'll be okay Petey." I said, kissing his cheek. I lay my head on his shoulder. I cuddled Bronx close to me. His little body was rested against mine. Pete turned his head and kissed my forehead.

"I'm not so sure. He doesn't look good." Pete said. Tears fell from his eyes.

"I've been thinking. Why don't we get Bronx christened ?" I said.

"What made you think that ?" Pete said.

"I don't know. I mean, we were so why not Bronx ?" I said.

"True. Okay. Bronx will be christened." Pete said. He turned his attention back to his father.

~Few days later~

We stayed in the hospital until Peter was better. Over the course of the next few days, Peter would start to come round. He woke up the day after we had arrived and then he was being monitored. A few days later, he was discharged from hospital. We stayed with them for a week and then went home. When we got home, we started planning the christening.

"So, what should be the theme ? Blue and white ?" I suggested.

"Yeah. People need to bring presents and shit." Pete said.

"Well, yeah." I said.

"I have an idea. Why don't we make it a regular christening ?" He asked, in a sarcastic tone. I rolled my eyes.

"Fine." I said.

We sent out the invites and got everything in the local church ready. We had also planned an after party. There was a table for gifts and places where people sat and things. We had also chosen the god parents. God Fathers were; Brendon, Andrew and Joe. God mothers were; Elisa, Hillary and Marie. After the ceremony, we got to the after party early, to make sure everything was set up and perfect. We had a cork board with everyone's names and places to sit on it. I carried Bronx to the table. He looked so cute in his gown. He was fast asleep. I kept hold of him and I gazed around the room in awe. We let everyone inside and they were fascinated with the place. It had blue and white balloons, confetti on the tables, a banner that read, "BRONX'S CHRISTENING" and a beautiful cake.

 It had blue and white balloons, confetti on the tables, a banner that read, "BRONX'S CHRISTENING" and a beautiful cake

Everyone had a great time. Toasts were given, a mountain of presents fell over which made everyone laugh. They all seemed to have a good time. I even got along with Ryan. So, the day must've been good.

When we got home, we flopped on to the couch. We watched TV for a little while and we went to bed. I placed Bronx in his cot for the first time and he seemed to sleep all right. I was worried about him though. I shrugged it off and slept through the night. I had a pleasant sleep.

~931 words. Very crappy chapter. I've got school tomorrow so I'm feeling terrible. I promise the chapters will get better~