Chapter 6

~Ava's POV~

These last few months have been hard. I'm was 9 months pregnant. I was overdue by 3 days and I couldn't take it any longer. I went to my consultant and begged her to induce me. She refused and told me to come back when I was at least 10 days overdue. I couldn't take it any longer. I needed this baby out of me. I was getting extremely angry and emotional. My hormones had gone through the roof. Then, on the 20th November 2008, that all changed.

~2am. 20//11//08~

I suddenly woke up. There was dull pains in my stomach. I was quite uncomfortable. The pregnancy pillow wasn't doing me any favours. I decided to get up and get myself a drink of water. I rolled over to see Pete, fast asleep. He had just come away from the studio so he needed a rest. I got out of bed carefully, trying  not to wake him up in the process of doing so. I crept downstairs and went into the kitchen. Hemingway spotted me and started making a fuss. I tried to hush him but he was even noisier than before. I let him out and I went to walk. He ran in front of me, tripping me over. I fell, flat on my face, hitting the counter on the way down.

A sharp pain shoot through my head and my belly. I stood up and Pete came rushing downstairs. He ran over too me.

"Jesus Ava, are you okay." He asked, scrambling around to help me.

"No. My head hurts and so does my bump." I said.

"You're bleeding. Sit down." Pete said.

"Okay." I said.  Just as I said that, I felt something gush down my legs.

"Are you okay ?" Pete asked.

"Either I've just pissed myself or my waters have broken." I said.

"Crap. What happened ? What do I do ?" Pete said.

"Stay calm. Hemingway tripped me over and I fell." I said.

"Bloody dog. Where is he ?" Pete asked.

"Outside." I said. A sharp pain shot through me. I hunched over.

"Let's get you to the hospital. I'll call my mom when we get there." Pete said, going upstairs.

"Where are you going ?!" I asked, in pain.

"Getting your hospital bag." Pete shouted.

"It's in the car." I said. He rushed downstairs and unlocked the door. We got into the car and the pain was getting worse.

"Oww." I said.

"It's okay. We'll be there soon." Pete said.

When we finally arrived at the hospital, Pete and I got out of the car and he picked me up and carried me bridal style. He carefully placed me into a spare wheelchair and ran into A&E.

"My wife is in labour and I don't know what to do." Pete said.

"Okay come with me." The man at the desk said. Pete pushed me through some doors, following the man from the desk. We went to the maternity ward and I got a private room. I got into my birthing gown from my hospital bag and got on to the bed.

"You okay ? Do you need anything ?" Pete asked, standing next to the bed.

"Water please. And the baby clothes." I said. He nodded me and poured a cup of water. He handed it to me and I thanked him.
"Okay, so we have a choice of outfits for the little lad. We have:

 We have: