Chapter 2

~Ava's POV~

2 days later, we woke up early and got to the hospital for our first ultrasound. I was excited, yet quite nervous. I didn't know what to expect. Nothing like this has ever happened. The instructions were to basically drink a lot of water so the baby would be pushed up, so we could have a clearer picture. We drove to the hospital and we didn't really speak to each other. Nowadays, our car journeys were mostly silent. It's like we don't have anything to say to each other. Its quite sad to be honest. I loved our conversations and I missed them. I turned up the radio and heard the new Panic! At the Disco song. It was called 'Nine In The Afternoon'. It was quite different to what we expected. Their first album was really good. It was alternative which is my style of music. Their new songs, on the other hand, were kind of, how I would explain, lovey-dovey flowers and sunshines. It was quite soft-ish music. It was good, but not their style. I know they're trying new things, but. Anyway, I turned it up and sang. Pete laughed and joined in with me. We belted out the lyrics with the windows rolled down.

We parked in the hospital parking lot and walked into the outpatients department. We then made our way to the maternity ward. We got noticed by a few people on the way there. We stopped and Pete took photos and signed things. We waved goodbye and made our way to the ultrasound room.

"Name ?" The lady at the desk asked. She had quite a stern expression on her face.

"Ava Wentz." I said, smiling.

"Take a seat." She huffed.

"It's my first scan !" I said excitedly.

"Yeah. I don't really care. Take a seat." She said. I sulked down.

"You got shot down by the receptionist." Pete whispered as he leaned over to me.

"Ava Wentz ?" A voice spoke. We stood up and followed the woman. She took us into a room.

"Hello my name is Nurse Morrison. I will be your assigned midwife. I will be at all your scans and the birth of your baby." She said, smiling.

"I'm Ava and this is Pete." I said, sticking my hand out. She shook it and shook Pete's hand.

"Hi." He said.

"Right, lie down on the bed for me please. Did you drink a lot of water ?" She asked.

"Yeah. I got the letter through." I said.

"Good good. This gel I'm going to put on your stomach, will be cold. I tried to warm it up before you came but I'm not sure if it worked." She laughed. She put the gel on and it was surprisingly warm. She got this scanner. "This will detect the baby by using waves of electrons." She explained. She placed it on my stomach. She moved it around. Pete grabbed my hand. She pulled the screen around. She pointed to the jelly bean shaped thing.

"This is your baby." She explained. It was wonderful. Even though I could only see a little shape, it was overwhelming. Tears brimmed my eyes.

"You seem to be 10 weeks along. So around 2 and a half months." She said.

"Okay." Pete said.

"Would you like to hear the heart beat ?" She asked. Me and Pete briefly exchanged looks and nodded. She clicked a button and we heard a noise. Bum-bum-bum-bum. That was the noise. It was quite quick but it was an amazing moment. She clicked a button on the screen. She pulled the scanner away from my stomach. She handed us a piece of paper. It was the baby. {See picture above.}

"How many copies do you want ?" She asked.

"7 please." I said. She nodded and printed off 7 copies.