Chapter 10

~Ava's POV~

It was December 1st ! Woo ! Christmas time ! It was exciting for two reasons. The first reason was, it was the first Christmas since me and Pete got married. The second reason was because it was Bronx's first Christmas. We decided to make it the best Christmas we had ever had. For breakfast, I made me and Pete some festive Pancakes. They were green and red Christmas trees. I used Bronx's red bottle to feed him with. I fed Bronx and he smiled at me. I went up to Pete and gave him his pancakes.

"Morning. I made breakfast !" I said. I gave Pete his plate and put Bronx on the bed next to him. I got my plate and sat on the end of the bed.

"Thank you baby." He said.

"Guess what ?" I said.

"What ?" Pete replied.

"Bronx smiled for the first time." I said, smiling like an idiot.

"That's amazing." Pete said. He looked over at Bronx.

"Can you smile for daddy ?" I said to Bronx in a baby voice. Bronx smiled and laughed.

"Beat that, he smiled and laughed for me." Pete said, sticking his tongue out at me.

"Only because I told him to." I said, repeating what Pete did.

"So, this Christmas. We're going to make it the best Christmas ever !" Pete said, getting out of bed. I picked up Bronx out of the bed.

"How ?" I asked, balancing a baby on my hip.

"We'll invite our family round here. We'll fully decorate the place and we will also cook the best Christmas dinner ever !" He said, sounding like a five year old. He walked downstairs.

"When you say "we will cook the best Christmas dinner", you mean me. You can't cook." I laughed, following him.

"Rude." He said sassily. We went downstairs and I sat on the couch and he put our plates into the kitchen. He walked in with Hemingway following behind.

"I think its Tummy Time for Bronx." I said. I pulled out his fluffy mat and lay him on his stomach. Hemingway started walking over to him.

"Hemingway. No." Pete said, pointing at him. He toddled back over to us. He jumped on to the couch and lay on Pete's lap.

"How come I bought the dog and he likes you more ?" I said, pouting playfully.

"Haha." Pete said.

"I mean, he almost killed me." I said.

"And he made you go into labour." Pete said.

"That is a good thing." I said, looking over at Bronx.

"We need to start planning decorations." Pete said.

"We don't need to plan decorations." I said, laughing.

"We do. Should we get a real tree or one of those fake ones ?" Pete asked.

"Last time we got a real one, Hemingway started eating the leaves and spikes and got sick." I said.

"Plastic it is. What colour scheme ?" He asked.

"Red and Gold ?" I suggested.

"Sounds good. Are we gonna put lights outside ?" Pete asked.

"We could do if you wanted." I said.

~Le mini time skip~

On December 5th, we decided to buy all the decorations. We decided on a green tree and we got red and gold baubles. We got these strings with mini balls on, red and gold, to drape around the tree instead of tinsel. We also got a gold star to put on top of the tree. We bought stockings to hang on the fireplace. We got them designed. Bronx had a Winnie The Pooh one with "Bronx" written across the top. I got a red, sparkly one with "Ava" written across the top and Pete got a red, fluffy one that said "Pete" on the top of it. We bought the indoor lights and the outdoor ones. We also bought loads of this very pretty red and gold tinsel for the fireplace and some festive signs. We walked around the other shops four gift ideas. We got a few ideas but we would get the gifts another day. We got home and dragged all the bags inside. I put Bronx on his fluffy "tummy time" mat and unloaded the bags. We decided it would be best to put up the tree first. We took of out of the box and spent a while assembling it.