Chapter 7 - Blondie Again

~Paige~

“Paige?”

I mentally cursed. He just had to be here. Instead of answering him, I stood up and grabbed the scattered stuffed toys, stuffing them inside the now empty box I was holding.

“Here let me help you with that,” he said as he grabbed some stuffed animals, handing them to me. “Sorry about that.”

“Thanks, but I don’t need your help.” I said in a monotone voice, grabbing the toys he was handing me.

“Do you remember me?”

How can I forget? You’re that annoying blonde guy who hit me with a football.

“Hey, I said I was sorry.”

And I was thinking out loud. Stupid. I rolled my eyes and turned to face him. “Well you should be a little more careful.”

“Sorry.”

"And less talkative."

"Sorry."

Can't he get a hint? Why won't he shut up?

"Hey, why are you in this orphanage?"

I groaned. "Why do you need to know?"

"Nothing, it's just... I was.. Uhh.. Nevermind.. Um.. Sorry."

"Good, now please stop talking."

"Sorry, I--"

“Will you stop apologizing?!” I snapped, cutting him off.

“Sor—Okay.” He smiled.

And will you stop smiling?”

“What? Why? It’s great day, and I’m happy. When someone’s happy, they tend to smile, you know.”

“Nothing is great about today.” I snapped. “And not all people who smile are happy.”

He was silent after those words left my mouth. He stared at me, looking me up and down as if there was something wrong with me. Okay, now I was mad. I hate it when people do that to me. They always do.

"Why the hell are you looking at me like that?!"  I shouted at him. "Stop it."

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to--"

"Stop apologizing!" 

"Anderson." 

And that evil, wicked and cruel voice made me freeze in my spot. Oh, fuck.

"Yes, Ms. Martimor?" 

"A word please? In private." She sounded so fucking nice. What a wonderful actress she is. That bitch. She smiled creepily in Connor's direction. "I am so sorry for Ms. Anderson's behavior. I can assure you, it won't happen again."

"No, no, it's fine. It was my fault." Connor replied with a genuine smile. I rolled my eyes.

That won't do anything, moron.

Monster Mouth smiled in that creepy way again and said, "Thank you, but I really need to speak with Ms. Anderson for a minute, in private."

"Oh.. Okay then. See you inside, Paige."

You idiotic moron! This is all your fault! I don't even know if I'll make it inside!

Oh, how I wish I could just shout those words at Connor. I really do.

Once the clumsy idiot was out of sight, Monster Mouth grabbed the collar of my shirt, lifting me up with a death glare in the process.

"You little bitch! Didn't I tell you to behave?!"